X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrey Repair

Hello all!

I've been tasked with the job of repairing a Lowren Citation Theater GAK-h1...

It has a crazy issue with the fundamental tones on the keyboard... all of the notes aside from the "C" and "B" are exhibiting corruption in their tones... the sounds become more noise than tones... and the problem seems to be worse as then descend into the lower octaves.

They said the problem started when their grandaughter came over one weekend and left the organ on for the entire weekend... to me this sounds like the filter caps may have gone belly up... there is a very low level hum in the system, but there are three sets of filter caps and i'm thinking that the smaller cap can provides the voltage for the tone generator portion... and if that went bad, then the tones are being corrupted with a 60 cycle hum, which is almost exactly the way it sounds. It seems like the highest notes are most in tact, and that the octave splitters are hearing the 60 cycle hum and splitting the tones as they hear them and the further down the keyboard we go the worse it sounds, until it digresses into a murky flatulent tone in the lower registers... however, the B and C keys are more or less in tact... not sure why that would happen...

can anyone provide any illumination on this?

Thanks so much for your help. I really would like to help these folks out.

Sean Sweeney
    St Louis Metro east (IL)

anyone have some advice? Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the forum. There are some older model Lowrey enthusiasts here, and eventually they may be along to give you some advice. Bear in mind that this is a pretty busy week for many people, so not everyone will be visiting the forum regularly.

Also, you posted this question in the Classic and Church organs sub forum, and the model you are asking about is not really considered one of those. Lowrey did make a few Church organs, but most of their organs are better classified as Home organs or Theater organs. There are sub forums here regarding both of those. Perhaps a moderator will move your post to a forum where you can get more help.
      Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 !!! ), E-5AR, FX-1 ( X 2 !! ), US-1, EL-25 ( Chopped ). Allen 601D, ADC 6000D. Lowrey CH32-1. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with Vista ), Allen L123 ( with Navigator ). Rodgers 755. 1919 Wangerin 2/7 pipe organ.

Comment

Working...
      X