This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers 840 w/o Glockenspiel

It has a tab for that in the Generals, along with Harp, Carillon, and Harpsicord. However, I assume that was an option involving Rodgers' mechanical Glockenspiel. Since this organ never had one, would there be circuitry internally to drive one of those?. I think the overall schematic shows drivers, but that is not a guarantee that everything else electrically would be there?

John
    Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

The Glockenspiel was an option, and it uses the pipe-drive coax cable signal, so everything you need to drive the glock is either in the organ--to send the signal out to the glock and/or pipes--or in the glock itself--to decode the signal and drive the glock solenoids. Note that the glock used on this series of organs is different from the one used on their theatre models (321, 327, 333, and 340). That glock used a multi-pin connector and cable. The one for the 650/740/770/840 has an AC power cord and a coax connector. The case is a little longer to accommodate the power supply and decoding info.

Comment

I suspected it was the pipe drive, so it's serial data. I wonder if these units ever show up for sale.
      Thanks Toodles!
      Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Working...
      X