This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conn organ question

I am trying to figure out whether a certain Conn organ that is for sale is Transistor Individual Oscillator or Vacuum Tube. The seller does not know the model number, but it looks pretty good from the pictures. If I describe it to you (some general features), could you tell me either the model and/or what type of technology it uses? </p>

1) Has internal speakers</p>

2) Seems to have a lot of reverb settings specifically for flutes...as well as general reverb settings</p>

3) Has 16' 8' and 4' couplers</p>

4) Has flute tremolo motion slow and fast</p>

5) Has factory preset pistons in between the two manuals </p>

6) Has AGO pedalboard</p>

7) Has celestes

THANKS!
    </p>

Re: Conn organ question

late model in the "Artist" series -- perhaps a 716 or 714.</P>

transistor, definitely.</P>

possible problem with bad solder joints in the keying assembly motherboards, but fixable.</P>

Good practice organ.</P>

John</P>
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Thank you for clarifying that! </p>

</p>

What makes you think there is a possible problem with it?
      </p>

Comment

Organmaster - If the seller proposes to take your or anyone elses money the least the lazy XXX can/should do is look under the keyboards for the model and serial # tag. If its a late model Conn like John suggested there should be a cardboard tag under the keyboard which can easily be seen and read. If the light is poor they may need a flashlight. If its an older model the manufacture plate is mounted above the tone generator racks. Its a bronze colored metal tag about the size of a cigarette pack. The reason John may have suggested a possible problem is some of the late model Conns were prone to problems with the big molex type plugs where the signal from each section fed into the cable to the amplifier section. They have long slender fingers for the male half of the plug. Sometimes with age, moving stress or ??? these fingers cracked their solder at the base which resulted in that particular division going dead or intermittent. If this occurs I suggest resoldering each finger at its base carefully whether its broke or not and saving yourself further service calls for a long time. I've never had or even encountered a 716 or 717 but had several 652 three manual models and they had the same problem. Don S.

Comment

Working...
        X