This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Rodgers models???

Rumors are flying that Rodgers has some new models that are about to be announced. Four to be exact.</P>

If so, these are my guesses:</P>

A twoand a threemanual theatre organ. They've been out of the theatre organ business for a long time.</P>

A competitor to the Hammond 935. Their last model like that, the W-5000, did not have AGO pedals. This one will.</P>

A portablepractice organ along the lines of the C-190, but with two 5 octave manuals.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Re: new Rodgers models???

Bill,</P>

I haven't heard anything, but you may be exactly right about the models. I don't expect to see any changes to the classical lineup right away. The Masterpiece organs are very successful and the Allegiant models are lots of bang for the buck. But, hmmm, a couple of theatre models -- could be.</P>

If they roll out another one in the W-5000 genre, I sure hope it's animprovement. The Hammond 935 beats the heck out of the old W-5000, or the Roland Atalier, for that matter. Someone should produce an organ of that type that is much more logically arranged, not so confusing to play. How about a simple tab in each division that switches on the Hammondish drawbars for that manual? Another tab or two to bring in whatever pre-selected orchestral voices, as in a floating division? And another 10 or 12 real organ voices in each division? Would that be too hard to build?</P>

MY RODGERS WISH LIST: A really affordable "module" that can be attached via MIDI to any Rodgers organ with phase 2 or 3 MIDI. This module would have 50 stops at least as nice as the Allegiant organs and would be voiceable like an Allegiant. It would have up to 8 audio outputs on the back panel with software control to feed it all to a single pair if desired. There would be no need for stop controls as it would read and decode the stop selections (and piston presses and expression movements)on any Rodgers console with MIDI.</P>

In other words, I could convert my analog 890 into the equivalent of an Allegiant 778!</P>

Oh, and it should cost no more than $1995.</P>

John</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Bill,</p>

If you hear correctly about 4 new models, my guess would be that they would replace the Insignia 557, 577 and Allegiant 657,677. These instruments have now been on the go since 2001. They are a little long in the tooth now.</p>

In fact I am surprised that they are still bringing in organs from Europe, considering how the US dollar has dropped against the Euro. To me it was confusing that they would market essentially the same organ, one from Europe and one from the US and price them about $5,000 apart.</p>

I guess I just am not a marketing man.</p>

Arie V</p>

Comment

So we might expect the 677 to become the 678 (to show its kinship to the 778)? Yes, its time for a change there.</P>

When do you think these organs will become available?</P>

John</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        John
        ----------
        *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

When do you think these organs will become available?</p>

John</p>

</p>

Hi,</p>

They will become available in the fullness of time.</p>

AV</p>

Comment

Bill,</p>

I would be very surprised if any of your guesses prove true. You may have some inside information though.</p>

My take is that the theatre organ market is just too small for them to try again. Their first digital theatre organ was a sales failure. I would say Allen well serves that limited market, along with the odd Walker. There are rumours that M &amp; O are negotiating a deal for a 5 manual theatre organ.</p>

An organ to replace the W-5000. Another sales disaster! Why would they try again. That market is already served by Hammond and Roland.</p>

A portable practice organ? sounds intriguing, but would be an expensive niche product.</p>

I seriously doubt that Rodgers or Allen or anyone else would take serious risks these days with new product. The organ market is shrinking, and becoming less profitable each year. For Rodgers to put out an inexpensive product that only sells 50 or 75 units a year, is unprofitable. Even, without research costs, just mere development costs are too high for these things to be profitable. If you look at the special Roland products like the C-190, C-80 (Harpsichord), C-280 (baroque organ), you will probably find that sales on them are very low. The harpsichord model, is in and out of the catalog, sales most likely being no more than several dozen a year. The C-190 probably more popular but no great seller either.</p>

I know that the H-6 from Ahlborn used to be a solid seller, but doesn't sell well anymore. Seems the market has mostly disappeared for these things.</p>

Arie V.</p>

</p>

[quote user="radagast"]

</p>

Rumors are flying that Rodgers has some new models that are about to be announced. Four to be exact.</p>

If so, these are my guesses:</p>

A twoand a threemanual theatre organ. They've been out of the theatre organ business for a long time.</p>

A competitor to the Hammond 935. Their last model like that, the W-5000, did not have AGO pedals. This one will.</p>

A portablepractice organ along the lines of the C-190, but with two 5 octave manuals.</p>
            <p mce_keep="true"></p>
            <p mce_keep="true"></p>[/quote]

Comment

Any news on perhaps a new range of Allen organs (bar the Elite)?</P>

I know car manufacturers tend to keep a specific model for sale for about 5-7 years, so what kind of model does the electronic organ industry run follow? The current range of Allens have been out for quite a while now so are we due a range revision soon?</P>
              1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
              Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

[quote user="nullogik"]

Any news on perhaps a new range of Allen organs (bar the Elite)?</P>

I know car manufacturers tend to keep a specific model for sale for about 5-7 years, so what kind of model does the electronic organ industry run follow? The current range of Allens have been out for quite a while now so are we due a range revision soon?</P>

[/quote]</P>

I doubt that Allen will be changing much soon. Their big news is Elite and the Quantum series hasn't been out for very long (3 yrs.?). Of course if you consider Quantum to be an extension of Renaissance (I guess Allen does call it Quantum Renaissance) then maybe you are right. However, I think their current focus is Elite.</P>

Comment

[quote user="arie v"]

Bill,</P>

I would be very surprised if any of your guesses prove true. You may have some inside information though.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I would be surprised too. I guess it was just whimsy on my part. No, I don't have any inside info.</P>

Comment

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

There are supposed to be Rodgers dealers meetings taking place around the country. Doesn't anyone have any news?</P>
                    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

[quote user="arie v"]

Bill,</P>

If you hear correctly about 4 new models, my guess would be that they would replace the Insignia 557, 577 and Allegiant 657,677. These instruments have now been on the go since 2001. They are a little long in the tooth now.</P>

In fact I am surprised that they are still bringing in organs from Europe, considering how the US dollar has dropped against the Euro. To me it was confusing that they would market essentially the same organ, one from Europe and one from the US and price them about $5,000 apart.</P>

I guess I just am not a marketing man.</P>

Arie V</P>

[/quote]</P>

You win, Arie. The new Rodgers models are indeed going to be smaller, 2-manual versions of the Allegiant 3 manual model.</P>
                      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Bill</P>

Comment

Working...
                      X