This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Phoenix Demo Organ

<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="content-type"><title></title>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: justify; font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3">Announcement:</font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: justify; font-family: verdana,geneva;"></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: justify; font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3">D.
    L. Simmons &amp; Company Church Organs

<font style="font-style: italic;" size="1">
    Southeastern States Representation for [link removed due to domain ownership change].</font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: justify; font-family: verdana,geneva;"></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: justify; font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3">We
    will soon be
    receiving a custom-built demonstration organ built by Phoenix Organs
    North America, which will be designated as the
    Phoenix Organ PT246.
    This will be a two-manual organ with 46 stops (52 ranks) in three separate
    specifications with English, French, and Baroque organ samples.</font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: justify; font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3"> </font></p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: justify; font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3"> </font></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: justify; font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3"> </font></p><p style="font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3">The
    organ, pictured here, is built in a low-profile console
    reminiscent of the French-style consoles. This is good
    console for
    instances where good line-of-sight is needed or any other situation
    where a
    lower music desk is desirable. Please notice that this
    console is
    still extremely heavily built with the same quality materials and
    full-sized
    dimensions as with all Phoenix Organs. Even though this organ is being
    built
    for us for ease of use for moving, you can see the organ still
    maintains all
    AGO dimensions and is not a "diminutive interpretation" of an organ
    console; Notice the massive
    side-cheeks and
    thick keydesk, and heavily built pedal board... it even has attractive
    bolsters
    for the 15 toe-studs.</font></p><p style="font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3">

Here is the stoplist in PDF form: [link removed due to domain ownership change] Phoenix
    Organs PT246 Stoplist</a></font></p><p style="font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3"></font></p><p style="font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3">Check our website for more information and updates on this organ.</font></p><p style="font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3">Thanks,

</font></p><p style="font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3"></font></p><p style="font-family: verdana,geneva;"><font size="3">========================================= =========</font></p>
    Last edited by myorgan; 12-28-2017, 01:40 PM. Reason: remove link
    http://phoenixorganssouth.com

Re: Announcement: Phoenix Demo Organ

Looks wonderful and sure it will sound great. I'm in the southwest, unfortunately, but hope to visit a local Phoenix Organ in the next few weeks.</p>

Comment

I can assure everyone that the Phoenix PT246 not only looks great but sounds great. I have the same organ installed at St. Joseph's RC church here in Corpus Christi, Texas,and will be taking it to Austin for 3 weeks the end of Sept...the top, with manuals, comes apart from the lower console, for ease of transport.St. Joseph's is large (seats 900) and has incredible acoustics. The Phoenix is installed right next to a 5 rank, very romantic Wicks (circa 1936) and it is very difficult to tell the difference when similar stops are played on each. The Phoenix has a very big scale 1920's Harrison open diapason as the first diapason..just marvelous in that space. I hope to have a recording finished very soon. It also has a French Romantic spec and a Baroque spec that was taken from a famous Hollman Neo Baroque organ in Toronto, Ca...which has just amazed the local organists, even the "I hate toasters" purist organists. What's different about the Phoenix is that I know where every stop was sampled (organ and church). There was an interesting thread on Piporg-L re: sampling and the intellectual rights inherent..I'm not sure how it was settled. Any new technology brings its own "grey"areas of legalities and moral questions. I invite anyone in the Southwest to come hear the Phoenix whenever they are in town.</P>

Comment

Excellent report, Roy. If I wasn't so much further west in the southwest, I would come to hear it. I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area and there actually are a couple of Phoenix organs here.

Comment

n&amp;af,</p>

The Phoenix Organs in Arizona were installed by Dennis Goward, the Phoenix Representative for AZ/NM. Unfortunately, Dennis died last year after an extended battle with cancer. I know the last organ he installed was at his own church in Phoenix, AZ. If you need more information on the other organs he installed you can contact Phoenix Organs directly and they will be glad to help you.</p>

Dave.
          </p>

Comment

Thanks, Dave. That's what Phoenix and one of the local owners told me. Will be checking out one when the owner returns to town shortly. I suspect that there will be at least three Phoenix organs in the Phoenix area in the near future.

</p>

Dave (also)
            </p>

Comment

And of course, the Phoenix PT346 at St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Chenango Bridge, NY (near Binghamton, for those who travel Rt 81, Rt 88, or Rt 17/86) can be visited any time you all are wandering through our neck of the woods! Send me email (available through my profile) and I'll even meet you there... I think you'd be quite surprised by how good the samples that Phoenix uses are in real life! We don't have the spacious acoustics of a large church, but we do have lots of hard surfaces in the church.
              </p>

Andy
              </p>

Comment

<font size="3"><font face="verdana,geneva"></font></font></p>

</p>

<font size="3"><font face="verdana,geneva">Here is a progress photo of the New Phoenix PT246. </font></font><font size="3"><font face="verdana,geneva">This photo shows the toe piston bolsters being fitted to the console, and as you can see the stop control has not been installed yet.</font></font><font face="verdana,geneva" size="3"> </font></p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
                X