X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding Reverberation to an older organ

1) I'm very sorry- I know this has been asked before.</p>

2) I am NOT an expert. I have a basic Rodgers analog organ with an AGO pedalboard and headphone jack. Is there a way to add reverberation to this instrument, but still use the internal speakers (MAIN speaker and LESLIE speaker)
    </p>

Re: adding Reverberation to an older organ

I don't know about how it's connected, but once you are ready to add reverb, get this:</p>

http://www.tcelectronic.com/M350.asp</p>

Comment

[quote user="organmaster100z"]

1) I'm very sorry- I know this has been asked before.</p>

2) I am NOT an expert. I have a basic Rodgers analog organ with an AGO pedalboard and headphone jack. Is there a way to add reverberation to this instrument, but still use the internal speakers (MAIN speaker and LESLIE speaker)
      </p>

[/quote]

</p>

Thats a good point. </p>

I've always found that my TC-3S does not have enough reverb, but whether it worth spending additional money on what is an "old" organ is another question. Such a unit recommended by the other poster is likely to be very expensive (£'00s or £000's), which would probably be better off staying in the bank and purchasing a "newer" secondhand instrument in the future.
      </p>
      1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
      Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

do a search on the forum for this, I am pretty sure i asked about doing it and it seems to me that it is not too expensive? i added it to a Alllen early digital organ, the results were so-so, but I don't think i ever got it hooked in correclty.

I would think on a Rodgers analog it would be much easier than a Allen?

Comment

Yes, Rodgers analog organs have a pretty much "line level" output going into the amps, and expression is taken care of way back in the pre-amp stages. The problem with adding reverb to an older Allen is that the level and impedance were some kind of quirky non-standard, and to complicate matters, the expression circuitry was Y-ed into the audio at the input of the amp.</P>

There are ways to add reverb to an Allen (analog, MOS1, or MOS2) with the old-style amp and expression, but it is not a one-step solution. Newer Allens, since ADC, use line level audio and expression is done in the cage, so adding reverb to them is a snap.</P>

Some Rodgers analogs are already prepared for reverb or even have a spring reverb installed. Others are not. Your approach will vary depending on what you have. (BTW, what model Rodgers are you talking about?)</P>

Foran analog Rodgers not alreadyequipped with a reverb loop,you'd need to insert the reverb unit into the audio ahead of the amplifiers. You'd need to have the schematics and some level of technical knowledge, but what you need to do is to cuteach channel'saudio line going into the amp, solder on a cable with an RCA or 1/4" plug on the other end (whatever your reverb unit requires), and route that into the reverb unit, such as an Alesis MidiVerb 4 (generally available on ebay for around $100, brand new for $200 or so). Then come from the output of the reverb unit and go into the amplifier with a second cable.</P>

Then you must carefully adjust the input and output levels on the reverb unit so that (1) the reverb will not overload even when the organ is playing tutti with expressions wide open and (2) the amps are receiving adequate signal level butenough to cause distortion.</P>

OTOH, if your Rodgers already has a spring reverb or jacks in place for one, you only need to pluga digital reverb in where the spring would have been. The only caveat is that the signal provided to drive the spring reverb is rather high, possibly more than the digital reverb can handle. You can try turning the input control way down, but if that doesn't work you'll have to solder a resistor, maybe 100K or more, into the line ahead of the digital reverb. Conversely, the OUTPUT of the digital reverb is much higher than the output of a spring reverb's pickup coil, so the Rodgers reverb capture pre-amp will be overloaded by this signal. You can try turning the ouput level down as far as possible, but you may have to solder in a resistor in this line as well.</P>

Don't worry that your reverb unit is stereo and the reverb loop in the organ is mono. The reverb signal will be parceled out to all the audio channels and will sound just fine.</P>

Good luck.</P>

John</P>
          <P mce_keep="true"></P>
          John
          ----------
          *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
          X