Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahlborn-Galanti Orgelklavier, H-5 or H-6...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahlborn-Galanti Orgelklavier, H-5 or H-6...

I'm hoping for some input regarding the merits of the Ahlborn-Galanti Orgelklavier preferably the H-6. It looks like a typical electronic keyboard. I checked out the AG website and was wondering of anyone here had either played one or heard one live? If Arie V is reading this, perhaps he has an opinion? It has no pedals, and this is a problem with all keyboards/synthesisers. My little Yamaha has a "harmony" button that kinda sorta gives a mickey mouse pedalish sound. Is it compatible with the average amplifier from Radio Shack, or what sort of keyboard/external speaker combo would be best? And...umm...prices...?

Re: Ahlborn-Galanti Orgelklavier, H-5 or H-6...

[quote user="PrayerBookAnglican"]I'm hoping for some input regarding the merits of the Ahlborn-Galanti Orgelklavier preferably the H-6. It looks like a typical electronic keyboard. I checked out the AG website and was wondering of anyone here had either played one or heard one live? If Arie V is reading this, perhaps he has an opinion? It has no pedals, and this is a problem with all keyboards/synthesisers. My little Yamaha has a "harmony" button that kinda sorta gives a mickey mouse pedalish sound. Is it compatible with the average amplifier from Radio Shack, or what sort of keyboard/external speaker combo would be best? And...umm...prices...?[/quote]</P>

I can tell you that the keyboard has stops that can be selected like a regular organ. There are MIDI pedal controllers out there that might be useable with this. Arie can probably tell you if the H-6 can have the pedal stops played independently from pedal controllers through MIDI. Most of the more inexpensive MIDI pedal controllers will be the "stick" type spinet pedals.</P>

Bill</P>

Comment

I own an H6, which I bought to practice on when I'm away on vacation. It functions as a one manual organ of 19 stops, with two divided stops (Cornet and Trumpet) for in medio registro music, and four bass stops thatsound with the bottom note played up to middle C. It works fine as a simple MIDI controller and as a MIDI sound module. The bass stops can be assigned a separate MIDI channel for your pedal MIDI keyboard.</P>

The US version has the German stoplist, and sounds like a decent small classical German organ, especially with external amps and speakers. The built-in speakerssound okay for practicing, but not for chamber or accompaniment.</P>

The keyboard isn't too bad for the price, but it doesn't havethe snap-through resistance at the top thatan organ keyboard would --more of a uniform springy resistance all the way through the key travel. I have an impaired left hand, so I've found the resistance too stiff for me, although it feels perfectly reasonable to my right hand. I'll probably sell it because of that. Otherwise, it's been exactly what I hoped for in a travel organ.</P>

Comment

P.S. I also bought the Italian voicings chipset and tested it for a while. It sounded good -- about what I expected from CDs of early Italian instruments, but I liked the default German chipset better. And you asked about price, but I promised the dealer not to publish that. You can call General Music and ask what they're selling it for these days. They might refer you to a dealer for your territory.

Comment

Thanks Markn.</P>

I've been away from this forum for a bit, so was not following it. If someone were to dump 6 grand in my lap and say, "go get yourself a keyboard and some speakers" then I'd have one. </P>

Comment

Working...
          X