New Rodgers Inspire model

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rodgers Inspire model

Apparently, Rodgers displayed a three manual version of its Inspire series organ at the NAMM. The 227 and 233 models have been very successful. I don’t have any details on the 3m version.

Interesting. At least they're bringing out something new instead of shrinking the product line.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• voet
      voet commented
      Editing a comment
      Casavant Fan, I do not know how you quantify "very successful," but this sounds like good news amid all of the "decline of the industry" talk. It will be interesting to see what the new 3 manual instrument offers.

I've thought for many years, and especially now with new organ sales being what they are, that the typical NAMM attendee was a rather odd demographic to which to market church organs. I can't imagine a church sending an organ exploration committee to NAMM for research.

There's currently no mention of a 3 manual version of the Inspire on the Rodgers website, which seems like a missed marketing opportunity to coordinate the web information with the NAMM announcement to further connect with and provide information to NAMM attendees.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

• toodles
      toodles commented
      Editing a comment
      The NAMM show is not open to the public, only to those in the industry. Typically manufacturers exhibit there to find new dealers. When the home organ market was extremely active (1960's and 1970's) it made sense for organ manufacturers to exhibit there--today, it's probably not extremely valuable.

• voet
      voet commented
      Editing a comment
      I called Rodgers this afternoon to inquire about the 3 manual Inspire. The woman I spoke with said it will be released March 1st.

Toodles is correct--manufacturers that only build digital organs cannot justify the expense of exhibiting at NAMM....and they all abandoned the show years ago. The Inspire 343 was shown to dealers at a private event outside of the NAMM show. March 1st was the planned public announcement (not "release"). The first batch of 343 models is in production now and will start shipping to dealers soon.

Comment

• voet
      voet commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update.

• jbird604
      jbird604 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to checking one of these out, if Saied Music happens to bring one in. Ever since I started working on this Rodgers 558 project (mentioned in another thread somewhere), I've fallen in love with the sound of these small Rodgers organs. I could sure get used to having one of these at home!
Working...
X