This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for Rodgers model #

Does anyone recognize this Rodgers model? or its vintage?
    Thanks

John
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

If the harp and carillon are installed, it is a model Kent 705B; if they are just "prepared for" (i.e., tabs present but voices are not), it is a York 650B. But the harp and carillon could have been installed in the field. Either way, about 1985. One unit flute, one unit principal, one unit trompette at 8 ft pitch on the swell borrowed to the pedal at 16 ft; salicioinal, festival trumpet, and oboe on the swell. The festival trumpet does not trem. The positiv division (playable from the swell) only operates if pipes are installed.

Comment

Interesting and thanks. We have a Rodgers of that same vintage with two sets of pipes - Diapason and Spitz flute, but the cabinet is in bad shape and it has some issues. What is the likelihood that this could be matched to the pipes?
      Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

What model is the Rodgers that you have? The models that are "prepared for pipes" are the 645, 650, 650B, 655, 705, 705B, 740, 740B, 745,755, 760, 770, 780, 830, and 840 plus some larger models. Rodgers nameplates with the model number are usually on the bottom of the keydesk usually on the bass end.

If it is the earlier model Specification 135 or Specification 250, I'm not sure, but all of the 1980's models that had pipes used the same interface, so it should be a matter of unplugging the pipes from your console and plugging them into the other console--assuming yours is a 1980's model.

Comment

I'l l get back with you on that model # later. However I know it is not a serial bus. It uses a multi conductor cable with large edge connectors.

Comment

• toodles
            toodles commented
            Editing a comment
            If it doesn't use the serial bus, then it's probably a Specification 135 (stop tabs) or 250 (drawknobs) and won't be plug & play with the newer console. Might be able to adapt the pipes, though, and RA Daffer (East Coast Rodgers dealer, contact Al Murrell) or Matt C. Neill (Pacific NW Rodgers technician) might have suitable equipment to make it work. Daffer's contact is on their website, Matt's website is down. Send me a PM for his email if you want to contact him.

With pipes there is always a way, it's just a matter of how much work you are willing to do to get there.
        Working...
        X