Dimensions of Allen ADC-3100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions of Allen ADC-3100

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Allen ADC-3100? Thanks.
    Viscount C400 3-manual
    8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
    Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

It's in a standard "T" style console, which is about 32" deep at the arms, and about 59" wide. With pedals and bench, the overall depth is going to be about 53" or so, depending on how far out you put your bench. About 48" tall, not including the music desk, which sticks up another foot or so.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Thanks jbird!
      Viscount C400 3-manual

Comment

Originally posted by rjsilva View Post
        Does anyone know the dimensions of the Allen ADC-3100? Thanks.
        My 3100 shell is exactly (har!) 31 3/4" deep 57 1/4" wide 47 3/4" tall. Squeaked it through a 35" door opening without removing the door!

Comment

How would you rate the 3100?
          Viscount C400 3-manual

Comment

The ADC-3100 is a decent organ. I prefer the ADC-3160 later model (or the 2160 tab version) which has some minor stop changes and a little more pipe-like voicing. The full cage organs (ADC-4300, 5300, 6400 etc.) are more pipe-like, but the smaller MADC organs (which includes the 3100 and 3160) are not bad. The card reader on the MADC models, though, is the best that Allen did in my opinion. The voices are all contained within the organ, the cards just select them so they are more accurate than the cards.

Comment

I didn’t realise it was an MADC organ! It’s a nice looking console (with drawknobs) and I thought MADC was the bottom of the line. The front of the manual says ADC I’m not really up to speed on the differences between MADC and ADC and how Allen advertised them.
              Viscount C400 3-manual

Comment

I suspect you are confusing MDC with MADC, which are very different--not surprising, as Allen didn't help the matter by choosing to call two very different systems by very similar names. Note that MDC organs always have "MDC" in their model number, while MADC organs always use "ADC" as the start of their model number. MADC is only used in the technical descriptions of the organs.

MDC were very low end version of either MOS 1 or MOS 2 organs--I am not sure which--with limited voices. MADC were very similar to ADC organs but don't use a cage with slots, but generator boards that combine several of the functions of the larger ADC organs. In addition, there are different generations of MADC organs.

The MADC organs have fewer voicing options and more limited attack dimensions than the full cage (ADC) models, but not too many people mention these issues, so I suspect most people don't notice. They have a few peculiarities different from what you might not expect--for example, if you couple the swell to great, and turn the swell tremulant on, the swell voices coupled to the great will not have trem--but they will if you turn on the great trem. There is some borrowing of stops between the divisions--i.e., the great strings from the swell, while the pedal and great share a number of stops.

The MADC organs have an excellent selection of stops, and they are very well chosen--it is hard to make a bad combination on these organs. There is much to recommend these organs.

Comment

Yes, thank you! I was confused with MDC vs. MADC. Thanks for the encouragement about the organ. Although it’s not for me I have been encouraging someone else to get it. It has 4 HC15’s (I think) and the agreed upon price is $900. Does that seem decent?
                  Viscount C400 3-manual

Comment

• myorgan
                    myorgan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, that is a very decent price.

Michael

• samibe
                    samibe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is a steal (especially if the speakers are included).

Originally posted by rjsilva View Post
                  How would you rate the 3100?
                  Mine is absolutely spectacular!

Comment

It seems like the organ was sold to someone other than the person I was advising. The person went to see the organ and it had 4 HC15’s and a large subwoofer, but the amp wasn’t in the organ (the place it’d normally be had two boards, one with 4 RCA female connectors...). I suggested they look around the church for an amp rack and after an hour of not finding anything it seemed the most likely place was a locked closet that no one at the church at that time had keys to. They said they’d try to open it up later that evening but they never got back to the person and a day or two later it disappeared from Craigslist. I suspect they sold it to someone who didn’t care about the amps or didn’t know it needed them.
                    Viscount C400 3-manual

Comment

Working...
                    X