This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen MDS-5 Organ

I have an opportunity to pick up a Allen MDS-5 for free. It is not running. The long time organist says there is a board level fault beyond their skills to solve. I also have access to a set of Allen speakers for a couple of hundred bucks. Anyone in the group know this organ make and model? My reading indicates the Allen is a pretty serious instrument for organists who play at advanced level as a home practice set up

I once owned one of these. Great organ. As I recall, the sound generation was a single board. You should expect to pay a service tech for a service call plus around $1K for the board. There are several other boards that could be the problem which will be less expensive. If it died because of a lightning strike, you could be looking at replacing several boards. If it was a lightning strike, I might be reluctant to take it on but otherwise, it would be a good deal for what you would have to invest in fixing it.

Comment

I'd be curious to know, just how badly it is malfunctioning? Then perhaps we could give some more insights?
      Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

We decided to give this one a pass. Too many unknowns. Thanks everyone for your comments

Comment

I sent you a PM...
          Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Working...
          X