accessory help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessory help

Hello all! I have lately been working on an older Allen. I am no entirely sure what the official model number is, but the serial number says adc-520-c. I was wondering if there was anything like a guide or manual for it? I would love to add an antiphonal, and more speakers, but I have no idea where to start with this though! Thank you all!
    the head of music at mellophoneman100 (you tube)

baldwin studio II
    hammond N300
    and a nice pair of holton french horns

Nof-z,

ADC-520 is the official model number of the organ. The C indicates it is housed in a Contemporary console. If you add speakers, be careful not to overload the amplifiers. They are generally 100 Watt amplifiers, and will support up to 2 full-range speakers total.

I do not have a service manual for the organ, but there was one for sale on *Bay recently. I don't know if it sold or not.

Meanwhile, we have several organ techs here who can provide information you need. I would offer assistance, but my ADC manuals do not cover that particular series. So sorry I couldn't help more.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

I could help a bit if you send some pictures of the stop rail as well as the back of the console (showing the "innards") withe back panel removed.
      Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Here you go:

there are also two wooden boards you can pull out, about two and a half feet up on the sides. what are those for?

baldwin studio II
        hammond N300

Comment

these

baldwin studio II
          hammond N300

Comment

• Admin
            Admin commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are handles for moving the console.

• nof-z
            nof-z commented
            Editing a comment
            excellent, thank you

I see 2 S100 amplifiers, if this is a 2 channel internal speaker model, you have power to spare. Even if your 2 channels drive outboard speakers - one to a channel - then you can just parallel another speaker cabinet like an Allen HC12 on each channel. What do the General tabs on the right say? I don't see any antiphonal relays inside - so far. And maybe some one can tell me why it was wired for TREMS but they seem to be left out or removed?
          Perhaps a readable closeup of all the Tabs might help to clarify.
          Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

the amplifiers drive outboard speakers, which I would like to get nicer versions of, or even just do a proper sound design for (they are just stacked in a corner on the alter, both on the same side.

the tabs say memory b, sustain short, reverb, chorus ,........... vibrato .....................blank, main organ off, antiphonal organ on.
            .................................................. ........................prepared for ...prepared for

the first three work, I don't care much about the second two, but the antiphonal intrigues me. I would love to add that to the organ!

baldwin studio II
            hammond N300

Comment

If those tabs are active there should be relays in the console for "main off" and "Antiphonal" on. That is where you can connect additional speakers. Could you define " outboard speakers, which I would like to get nicer versions of, or even just do a proper sound design for (they are just stacked in a corner on the altar," ?
              What kind of speakers are there now? Allen? What are you planning to achieve?

Comment

Swing that panel door out and take a few pics behind it and on the floor of the organ next to the amps
                Allen 5300-DK, Hammond A-105, Conn Custom 905-DK

Comment

• myorgan
                  myorgan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hamman,

I believe the organ is a self-contained model, therefore the speakers would be behind the panel door. However, I believe you may be correct in that there could be a terminal strip either on the floor or (less likely) where the speakers are.

Nof-z, as soon as we can find out if the organ is prepared for antiphonals or not, it will help answer your question. If you do not have antiphonal relays already installed, you should be able to hook external speakers directly to the amplifiers, but you wouldn't have switching control of external vs. internal speakers.

Michael
              Working...
              X