This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do these thumb pistons do?

On an Allen MDS 71s there are two pistons below the swell at the far right side of the piston rail marked G1 and G2. I can't find anything in the owners manuals that explains what they are for. Anyone know? Probably something that is very simple and logical but it is eluding me.

These are divisional pistons for the "general" tabs. John gave a really good explanation in a reply to an earlier post. https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...-4300-question

Comment

Thanks! I think I understand and am going to try the example John mentioned in his answer. That could definitely come in handy. You gotta love that John!

Comment

Note that on MDS organs with console controllers, pistons can be reassigned to cover any particular stops that the organist chooses. So while the G1 and G2 pistons might normally be assigned to cover couplers and antiphonal controls (as an example), they could be changed to handle only the tremulants, or any other combinations of stops. This is true for all the pistons, except reversibles.

Comment

Thanks. I have reassigned most of the divisional pistons using the console controller. G1 and G2 will work wonderfully for the antiphonal couplers. I just couldn't find any reference to them in the manuals. I will have to look again.

Comment

Working...
          X