Rodgers 960 battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers 960 battery

Where is the memory battery located on a Rodgers 960 organ?
    Rodgers W5000 --- home (currently at church)
    Rodgers MX200 module --- home (currently at church)
    Kawai UST7 studio piano --- home

It is on a board called the "Console Controller" which is in the cage. It will be the first board on the left hand end of the cage. The battery is normally soldered to the board, and is a long-life lithium (not rechargeable) rated at 3 volts. These are available from various online battery dealers. I clip off the old one, leaving the wire stubs attached to the board so I can solder the new one to those stubs instead of risking damage to the board itself!
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Thanks for the help!

On my Allen 3100 -- someone took the battery off of the board and replaced it with a battery pack away from the board.

Would you recommend doing this with the Rodgers 960 or just replace the battery and leave it on the board?

I have attached pics of the Rodgers 960 battery and of the Allen battery relocation.

Attached Files
      Rodgers W5000 --- home (currently at church)
      Rodgers MX200 module --- home (currently at church)
      Kawai UST7 studio piano --- home

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        It couldn't hurt to move it off the board. Then again, I don't know as much about Rodgers as I do Allens.

Michael

• jbird604
        jbird604 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree with Michael. It couldn't hurt to move it off the board. However, I will say that I've never yet seen one of these lithium batteries leak or damage a board, and they usually last about 20 years, so the need to move them isn't at all like the absolutely imperative to move the Allen batteries, which are rechargeables and they do leak of course and cause great damage.
    Working...
    X