Card reader power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card reader power supply

Hi. I've been reading the card reader threads. I've got an Allen adc-2140 with cards reader. Could I be missing a card reader power supply? Does this machine use another card for supply or am I missing it. I don't see anything like the power supplies I've seen in other pictures. Thanks.

Thanks Admin

Comment

Other users may be more knowledgeable, but at least for MOS-2, the card reader power was supplied from the main Allen power supply. If you take a picture of the main Allen supply, we may be able to tell you if it is the same for yours or not.

Current: Allen 225 RTC, W. Bell reed organ, Lowrey TGS, Singer upright grand
    Former: Yamaha E3R
    https://www.exercisesincatholicmythology.com

Comment

Thanks for moving my post to the correct one. I'll get a picture of it. I thought the same thing but there is nothing with CR anywhere on it.

Comment

Along with photos of your power supplies it might be helpful to know a bit more about why you are asking this question. Have you recently acquired this organ? When you look in the card reader slot are none of the light bulbs illuminated? Have you looked at the back of the card reader to see if the connector on the wiring harness is plugged in to the edge connector on the reader? Further details would be helpful.

Adding: I am not aware of a separate card reader power supply on any Allen organs. It is always a secondary part of another power supply.
        AllenAnalog
        ff Fortissimo
        Last edited by AllenAnalog; 01-14-2022, 03:30 PM.
        Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Steinway AR Duo-Art 7' grand piano, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico grand piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI.

Comment

This is the CR supply on my ADC, it's the main +12V supply, one output terminal is marked 'CR', and there's a pot on the left side to adjust the CR voltage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220114_132614.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	790625
          Allen MDC-42, 301-C, 124, ADC-3100.
          Wurlitzer Omni 6000, Rodgers C-445, Baldwin D-912

Comment

Let's settle this rather than conjecture. This is a MOS-2 Card Reader Power Supply: https://organforum.com/forums/filedata/fetch?id=594757. More information can be found here: https://organforum.com/forums/social...os-2-reference. Unfortunately, in one of the Forum merges, the tables for some of the photos were lost. IIRC, I saved a copy of those tables, so I'll see if I can replace the missing information.

Michael

P.S. Why am I posting MOS-2 information in a thread about ADC card reader power supplies? Somehow the topic changed back-and-forth. @Reorganizing's photo is the correct item to look for inside your console.
            Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
            • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
            • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
            • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I've been playing this organ for thee years. I've never heard the card reader play. Based on help from this fine group I replaced the bulbs, plugged it in and nothing. No lights.

Over the year I've looked thru the card reader threads and began to wonder if I am missing the card reader. Thus no power. I know the organ was struck by lightning and maybe that's when the power supply was removed.

The first picture is from inside the cage. The only thing I have with a blue "tube" like in your picture is there. I do see a pot there

On the floor I've got an amplifier and a capture power supply. In the last picture you can see the amp. And to the far right the capture supply. It seems the card reader power supply posted for me would fit in the empty space on the floor

Comment

• AllenAnalog
                AllenAnalog
                ff Fortissimo
                AllenAnalog commented
                Editing a comment
                Um, is that your crescendo pedal sitting at a 45-degree angle in photo 3?

• Reorganizing
                Reorganizing
                pp Pianissimo
                Reorganizing commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like that black box at the front of the second picture is a replacement supply for the +12V, which likely failed, and it'll have only one output. The addtional CR supply output is regulated down to about 7V so the bulbs run a dim yellow for better life.

Mr. Harris,

That must be frustrating!!! It does appear your organ is missing the Card Reader power supply, and yes, it probably would have been located on the floor of the organ. That said, you can probably source the original parts if you're interested in restoring the Card Reader function.

That said, however, I see you have a MIDI card, so you might be better served by using a MIDI module (with the correct EProm) instead of the card reader. I would recommend the Allen Expander, which will have sounds compatible with your organ.

I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you with the card reader, but there are still alternatives! Let us know what your desire is.

Michael
              Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
              • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
              • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
              • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into the Expander. I've read several threads regarding it. I really want to thank you all for help me figure this out. You are a great bunch of people and I'm happy to be a member.

Comment

Working...
                X