This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johannus van Eyck sound sample needed

So hello all again. I have been in and out of organ deals for the past year or so. But I HAVE been givin the choice to get an organ.</p>

I think I have asked about this organ, but I am asking again.</p>

I have been givin the offer of a 2002 Johannus Monarke Van Eyck. Perfect condition and a great price for a $80k organ, for $15k. plus a FREE ZIMBLESTERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and INSTALLATION!!!!!!!</p>

I really need to find out what this organ sounds like, so I can see if this is what I want!</p>

</p>

</p>

Re: Johannus van Eyck sound sample needed

Why not ask the person who is selling it to you to send you a few MP3 recordings, even if they are basic home-made recordings of hymns etc.</p>

Or even better, why not contact Johannus directly and ask if they have any demo CDs for this or a similar organ.
    </p>
    1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
    Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

Yea I asked the guy, but he seems very slow on email, so I am looking for a faster option. I dont want to pay for a cd, so if they are free I will look.

Comment

The deal sounds even TOO convenient! Is the organ in object so distant to you? You should give it a try yourself... Maybe you like the mp3 demos and then... puff! You find a gigantic organ which is not capable of doing what you're looking for... Plus, listening to mp3 (bad quality standard for us organists) with a headphone or a couple of speakers is not the same as playing the organ in the place it is going to be put in.</p>

Besides, I have to say Johannus samples are way too reverberated, really bad raw material, I don't like the approach. Just go to the official site and turn your speakers on: you'll be hit by a wall of blurry sounds so reverberated that you'll feel lost in a concrete church big as the whole Kansas. Maybe they are not good enough to make good reverb units on the organ? I don't really like that.</p>

If you're on the mood for a European organ there's a good selection... Instead of the grandeur-wannabe of Johannus I would go for the rather more convincing serious Viscount...
        </p>

Comment

...or just add a little balance, why not an Ahlborn Galanti? </p>

I don't think the problem with Johannus is that their samples are too reverberated. I've heard some of the recordings and I can see where you are coming from, but having heard some examples live I have a feeling its more to do with the way the instrument is set up and the production of the CD. To save money a lot of these manufacturers will simply record the instrument in one of their large box rooms (or sound studios) which will have little or no acoustic character. So in order to create "realism" they'll crank up the reverb otherwise the sound will be sterile and unimpressive. Then at production they might decide to further enhance the recording using some third party software reverb.</p>

Comment

why are both of you soo negative. Geeze. I love johannus organs, and I would find a viscount 5 times worse than a johannus. </p>

For one just look at the Monarke van eyck, and you will see why I am interested. Wooden keys, zimblestern, pipe top, REAL WOODEN MOVING DRAWKNOBS!!! in a hand made baroque schniger style. the organ was hand made and totaly custom, and the stops are exact replicas of one of the arp schnitger organs. Also the keys are special, and were ordered from hand picked materials, and stuff like that</p>

</p>

This was a  display organ at different stores, and dealer meatings, and also organ venues. </p>

SO this makes this a real special instrument, </p>

</p>

And on MONARKES website, NOT johannuses, you can listen to many songs on these. A VERY VERY FINE ORGAN, BETTER THAN A 3 MANUAL ALLEN RENASANCE ORGAN I PLAYED!!!!! NO JOKE!!! </p>

Comment

I would never buy an instrument over $2-3K without playing that exact instrument. It may look great but the sound is what is important to most organists. Is it not possible to actually sit down and play one? I mean, even if I had to drive a day or so to get to the site, it would be worth it. How about servicing? What do you do when it breaks? We are not trying to sound negative, but just pointing out some possible problems that we want you to avoid. At any rate, good luck with your purchase. I hope you find the perfect organ.

Comment

I wish I could, but I am 14, so I dont have the authority to do so. and I would buy something over 30k without playing it if i could say like a cavaille coll monarke organ

Comment

No, you miss read my remarks, Brandon. I was in fact sticking up for Johannus, and giving an explanation as for why the organs in recordings sound like they have excessive reverb. There is nothing inherently wrong with their instruments, I suspect the excessive reverb is down to where the recordings are made (in an acoustically dead room) and how the organ is setup and the recordings manipulated on software.
                  </p>

I've seen a few Johannus organs and have been impressed. I've never seen nor heard a Monarke, but from what I hear, they are mighty fine instruments.
                  </p>

Comment

Working...
                  X