This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions needed for powered speakers for organ project

Dear Friends - We are in the process of replacing the guts of our Rodgers 250 analogue/pipe organ, with a new Artisan Micro Midi system and custom digital voices. However, since this is a relatively low budget project, we have decided to use powered speakers for the two channels of digital sound. Our sound system portion of the budget is less than $2000, however. </p>

Can any of you offer any recommendations for particular brands of powered speakers? Also, how would one add a powered subwoofer?</p>

I appreciate any and all insight into this, as I am truly not mechanically or organically inclined.</p>

Many thanks,</p>

</p>

</p>

Andy
    </p>

Re: suggestions needed for powered speakers for organ project

Hi Andy,</p>

Over a year ago I added an Aperion, powered subwoofer to my home-built, large Altec-Lansing speakers (4 really big speakers) in order to augment the low end. I have been extremely happy with this unit. Aperion makes a whole range of products for the home theater, including systems for variously sized rooms. I like their purchase conditions: free shipping, try for 30 days with return option if unhappy. I've listed the url below, but I would give them a call and tell them exactly what you want and they should be able to come up with a system for you.</p>

http://www.aperionaudio.com/catalog/Product,3.aspx</p>

I have no connection to this company, other than a very pleased end-user.</p>

John </p>

Comment

Hi John, </p>

Many thanks for the information.</p>

If one is using active speakers (powered) and a powered subwoofer from two channels, how does one connect the speakers? This is probably an elementary question, but you're talking to someone who doesn't know much technically.</p>

Also, this is a church project with thankfully, nice acoustics.</p>

</p>

Thanks!
      </p>

Comment

In my case, for example, I run the two channels out from my organ to the Aperion powered subwoofer. The Aperion captures (filters) the low frequencies and also passes the original signal along to my stereo amplifier and 4 large speakers. So, you can use a regular amplifier and speakers along with the Aperion subwoofer. If you talk to the Aperion techs, they can tell you exactly how to set it up. That's what I did, since I had no experience using powered subwoofers alongside a conventional stereo amplifier and speakers. The Aperion system is very flexible (in terms of connections).</p>

Be sure to mention the size of the space where the speakers will be used. It sounds like you may need a larger than normal system to fill the worship space. They will tell you if their system is under-powered for the space.</p>

Definitely, wait to hear from others on this Forum since they may have other options: buying a used set of organ speakers and amplifiers, for example.</p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
        X