This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rondo organ

Folks, I've been watching electronic organs sales on ebay lately and have been pretty confused. Most of the prices seem realistic, but a 2-manual Gulbransen just sold for $103!!?? I mean, sure, these things can't be seriously shipped anywhere, only local buyers would be interested, but, man alive, I wish I lived in Illinois last week when it sold.

There is an 'Antique Rondo organ' on sale currently. Does anyone know of the Rondo brand? The photograph shows an apparent complete pedalboard, however, the two manuals are not quite parallel (the upper keyboard tilts forward a bit). Still, this might be a great practice organ for the home. Any thoughts? Thanks!

chimay
    Allen, circa 2006

Re: Rondo organ

That's an early Allen, likely an S model from the mid-to-late '50s with vacuum tube guts and a non-AGO console If you look carefully, there's no keyboard overhang, similar to an older Hammond. The pedalboard on these was a 'compact' version that was narrower and flatter than the standard.

If it hasn't been well maintained, it could be a nightmare.

Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

Thanks, twnelson! This is the kind of quick response that makes a forum so incredibly efficient. I think I'll pass on this model... the 'right' console with AGO pedals will come along. Thanks again!

chimay
      Allen, circa 2006

Comment

I don't know if it's within your price range, but there's a great deal on a Rodgers Providence 330 that appears to be in good condition:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I can speak from experience that it's an excellent 3 manual analog instrument with great sound and capabililites that's easily maintained.

Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

Working...
        X