X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansonic organs

I'm seeing Mansonic organs for sale from time to time. </p>

Are these good organs or junk. How is the sound made and generated? If one needs service performed how is the company about that??</p>

Of course, all your replys are important and appreciated.</p>

Thanks........AN
    </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
    Allen T 12B

Re: Mansonic organs

Nullifier,</P>

Mansonic organs were an el-cheapo line made by Johannus in the 80s. The sound would have been analog tone generation, using square wave divider circuits. Don't imagine they were very good. They were not full size consoles if I remember correctly. Usually bottom feeder organs or models were built for low price offerings rather than musical instruments.</P>

I regularly service older Johannus organs, and the electronics in them are fairly stable and reliable. The mechanical bits were the problem parts.</P>

I don't know where you are located, but I would think that a competent service tech could help you out.</P>

AV</P>

Comment

I've had a little Mansonic 2 man with 25 note pedal board. The white oak console was beautiful.The pedals were the best made 25 note setI've ever seen. The sound was weak, limp, buzzy and boring. It only had 56 note manuals,</P>
      Hauptwerk 5.0 VPO
      Hammond M tonewheel spinet

Comment

gee..We're talking about electronics, not organs in Masonic lodges/temples, oh well, I was going to say I know that the Masonic Temple/PAC in Cleveland has a four manual Austin, I think it has a smaller Austin too, and the local chapter of ATOS (Western Reserve Theater Organ Society) is installing a 4/28 Wurllitzer in the Auditorium at the Masonic Temple (Sorry, Scottish Rite temple...). These are probably much more reliable than the appliances of which you speak.

Sorry, I know it was a bit off topic, but, that is my two cents, and what'd ya want for two cents, a shave and a hair cut (that's two bits anyway).

Comment

I too thought the thread was about "Masonic Organs" until I re-read it and noticed the extra "n".</P>

Perhaps this diversion might make an interesting topic...does any Masonic buildings/lodges have any organs in them?</P>
          1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
          Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

RE masonic organs: No, I'm not a Freemason, nor will I ever be one, but here in Rochester there is a big Art Deco building downtown built around 1930. It used to be called the Temple Civic Center and was owned/operated by the Masons. Several years back they sold it to the R.B.T.L. (Roc Broadway Theater League) and now half is a theatre and the other half has offices.</p>

They apparently had several small organs in various meeting rooms, and a big Moller in what is now a 200-seat party hall. Also the Rochester Theatre Organ Society reinstalled a 4/23 Wurly in the main theatre in 1964 after the RKO Palace came down.</p>

All the small organs are either removed or unplayable; the Moller is severely water-damaged, but the 4/23 is alive and performing monthly (BTW, free concert this Sunday). </p>

More info: &lt;http://www.theatreorgans.com/rochestr&gt;</p>

Sorry, WAAAY off topic, but maybe it was interesting.[8-|]</p>

Comment

[quote user="nullogik"]

I too thought the thread was about "Masonic Organs" until I re-read it and noticed the extra "n"....does any Masonic buildings/lodges have any organs in them?[/quote]</P>

G'day All,</P>

This sad looking specimen IS a Mansonic Organ</P>

<SPAN></SPAN></P>

<SPAN>This particular instrument was affectionately known as the "Freemasons Grand Master Deluxe" (Catholic members need not read on). To comply with the many secretive rituals that form part of the Freemasons' "Work" you will notice that the pedalboard is installed backwards, along similar lines to the back to front handshake that masons use when greeting each other. Being a medievalBritish secret organisation the masons tend tochant Hymns Ancient rather than Modern during their "Work" and a fugue or two is common when they kneel to take communion, which is considered a ritualistic form of cannibalism. While freemasonry no longer holds an attraction for many today, men of fine character who can swear on a stack of King James Old Testaments to having fine W.A.S.P. blood running through their veins are still made more than welcome.</SPAN></P>

<SPAN>But to answer Nullogik's question, in my part of the world most if not all masonic temples have an organ of some description in them. Grand Lodge in Melbourne, our state capital, has a theatre pipe instrument installed in its main auditorium, along with a classical instrument, as is the norm in the temple.</SPAN></P>

<SPAN>Hail Mary,</SPAN></P>

<SPAN>Ian</SPAN></P>
              sigpic
              Hammond X77GT & Leslie 77P
              Lowrey C500 & Leslie 720/540
              Hammond T524 & Leslie 710
              Gulbransen Theatrum & Leslie 700
              Yamaha EL90T

Comment

Working...
              X