This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen TC3 s opinions

I have never played an Allen organ. A local fellow called me and asked if I would be interested in buying his TC3s. It sounded like he bought it and never learned how to play. </P>

Will you please give me the pros/cons of this particular organ? I will not be interested unless it plays perfectly and sounds as close to perfect as my old ears allow. That being said, any hints as to approximate value +/- would be most appreciated. I really like my 3 manual Conn 580 and believe that I am probably more of a Theatre vs Church sound guy. I prefer the 580 over the Hammond A-105 and the Wurlitzer Centura 805 which are both in my garage. </P>

Thanks, Roy</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Re: Allen TC3 s opinions

I've got a TC3-S. This model of organ was one of the last analogues produced by Allen (around the mid 60s to the early 70s) before they introduced their first digital MOS-1 instruments. As such the TC3-S represents the culmination of years of analogue technology and sounds as good as any analogue instrument is going to get. I like the tone of these analogue organs, but if you were to compare it to a new digital organ today it would soundly markedly inferior - thats not to say the sound is awful but its not realistic by todays standards to be frank. The build quality though of these organs is second to none, even new Allens I've tried aren't quite as "tank like" as their older products used to be - but then thats probably true of most if not all organ companies out there.
    </p>

As for the value, I would say that its very low - some people are giving these away because moving costs often exceed the actual value of the organ. If you did have to pay for it, then a token few hundred $$$ is probably all you should pay. I got mine for free.
    </p>

The best thing to do is to try it out and listen to - if its still setup.
    </p>
    1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
    Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

Tks nullogik, I have decided to pass on the Allen. I really need to get rid of a couple of these analogs in my garage and get back to work on the Technics SX-EA5 as my newer technology digital organ.People just kept giving me all these organs and I forgot how torefuse and got lost in the "trees".Back on track. Roy

Comment

Hi Roy</p>

I'm looking at a Allen TC3s also for my church. Did you ever buy the one you mentioned in February? Just wondering if you did and how it turned out. Could you let me know your thoughts about it and also approximate value or asking price.</p>

Thanks,Mike
        </p>

Comment

Hi Roy,</p>

Sorry! I just saw the other postings to your question and realized that you didn't buy the Allen.</p>

Mike
          </p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
          X