This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acetone Query

Hi I wondered if anyone has knowledge of Actone models, or knows of a website with details of the Acetone range?

I have been trying to find details of an organ I had from new in 1977 or 1978, which from memory was an Actone, but I have been unable to find any info and can not remember the model number.

It had two 3 octave keyboards, no pedals, a 16 rhythm unit, about 8 tabs on the upper keyboard and 4 on the lower, vibrato. Sounded simlar to a Vox Continental and it was a portable on a chrome stand with light and dark grey simulated leather case, chrome wire music stand and internal low powered amp and speaker. Any ideas of what model number it was? / or links to pictures on a web site, much appreciated.

I traded it in for my first organ with pedals, an Elka Preludio 22L.

In anticipation, many thanks

ExElkaMan

Did you try here?
    http://www.combo-organ.com/
    They have an Ace Tone section.
    Jimmy Williams
    Hobbyist (organist/technician)
    Gulbransen Model D with Leslie 204

Comment

Originally posted by jimmywilliams View Post
      Did you try here?
      http://www.combo-organ.com/
      They have an Ace Tone section.
      Dear Jimmy,
      Thanks for your suggestion, yes I had checked this web site and my old organ is not on it. - I'll keep searching.

Best wishes
      David
      ExElkaMan

Comment

Hi. I would suggest looking at photos of the other makes on the combo organ site, I case you're not sure whether your combo organ was really an ace tone.
        Hopefully we will hear back form some others on this thread as well.
        Jimmy Williams
        Hobbyist (organist/technician)
        Gulbransen Model D with Leslie 204

Comment

Hi Jimmy, thanks, yes I have checked every photo on the site and none of them are the same as the organ I had. But thanks for your suggestion.

Kind regards
          David
          ExElkaMan

Comment

Have you ever had your picture taken while playing the organ, or at least standing near it? You'd be surprised what info you'll get out of people here even if the picture is not very clear.
            When I become dictator, those who preach intolerance will not be tolerated.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyJoe View Post
              Have you ever had your picture taken while playing the organ, or at least standing near it? You'd be surprised what info you'll get out of people here even if the picture is not very clear.
              Hi Thanks for the message, but unfortunately I do not have any photos of it.

Kind regards
              ExElkaMan

Comment

As far as I understand, if your organ was bought from new in 1978 it probably isn't an Acetone. I've got an Acetone GT7 and after I bought it I did some research to find out about the company. Previously i'd only ever heard of their 60s drum machines. From what i've read, the Aceton name disappeared after 1975 when Hammond took over the company and basically retired the brand. Previously Hammond and Acetone had worked together but Hammond gradually took majority ownership of the company by increasing its shareholding. In 1975 the Japanese guy who founded Acetone moved on and founded Roland while Acetone became a short note in history.

By the way, i'm no authority on the subject, I just read this stuff in various places online so please correct me if anything here is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Tyler View Post
                  As far as I understand, if your organ was bought from new in 1978 it probably isn't an Acetone. I've got an Acetone GT7 and after I bought it I did some research to find out about the company. Previously i'd only ever heard of their 60s drum machines. From what i've read, the Aceton name disappeared after 1975 when Hammond took over the company and basically retired the brand. Previously Hammond and Acetone had worked together but Hammond gradually took majority ownership of the company by increasing its shareholding. In 1975 the Japanese guy who founded Acetone moved on and founded Roland while Acetone became a short note in history.

By the way, i'm no authority on the subject, I just read this stuff in various places online so please correct me if anything here is wrong.
                  Dear Charles
                  Thanks for message and useful info, having discussed this with a relative who remembers me getting the organ, I have my years wrong, as it was 1974 that I was given this as birthday present to which I had to contribute.

I do recall it white (Flute) and black (other) rocker switch tabs, plus white and red buttons of the rhythm unit to select the rhythms and auto accompaniment, all on the panel left of the keyboards. Th adio output amplifier was a complementary pair, typical of the time AC127 / AC128 transistors (I know because I had to replace them).

I exchanged the above for my first Elka, in part exchange at the shop Tony Back and Rick Carr ran in Lewes Road Brighton.

Many thanks
                  David
                  ExElkaMan

Comment

Working...
                  X