This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice on buying Clonewheel

Hello there I have a opportunity to buy a Korg BX -3 what are peoples thoughts on this organ, or am I better waiting for something like a Roland VK7 or VK8 Cheers

Just found this one lurking in General Chat. Moved to Combo Organs to see if gets a response. Andy G
    Last edited by andyg; 03-12-2018, 08:14 AM.

Depends on your budget. Are you talking about the eighties BX-3 or the new model? How much is asked for it? Forget about the first one. Also I would not pay more than 900 $ for a digital model. There are better clones today. Can't do anything wrong with a Crumar Mojo. For about 1700 you get a full 2x61 organ that almost sounds like the original.
    Martin
    Hammond A-100
    Crumar Mojo XT
    Leslies 46 W, 51, 330, 2 x 760

Comment

Originally posted by Gordybe View Post
      Hello there I have a opportunity to buy a Korg BX -3 what are peoples thoughts on this organ, or am I better waiting for something like a Roland VK7 or VK8 Cheers

Just found this one lurking in General Chat. Moved to Combo Organs to see if gets a response. Andy G
      The digital version of the BX-3 is quite interesting. Just because it's older than some newer models doesn't mean squat. It has an EX mode that gives extra drawbars for sounds you can't get on other clonewheels. If you can get it for a good price, it is well worth it.

Comment

I have an early 80s, Korg CX-3 and a stage Leslie. In my opinion, the setup is smoking hot. If you can get the dual manual or later digital model for a great price, you can’t go wrong!

Comment

Hi there

The digital BX-3 is definitely a step-up from a VK in terms of sound and keyboard.

I had a VK-7 and it was alright for the time, but the BX was better.

These days I play an analogue BX-3, it's not as faithful as modern cloenwheels but I just like its sound, especially through my Leslie.... (a Neo Vent Leslie sim pedal also goes a long way towards upgrading these old clonewheels, as their sims were a weakpoint)

These are are old cloenwheels now and new models have come along quite a lot, so if you've got the money, then the dual manual Crumar Mojo is up their with the best in terms of sound, but is a lot cheaper than Nords, Hammonds, Legends etc

Comment

I had both analog BX3 and CX3 and they were fantastic for rock music through my Neo Vent, 760 and 147. Agree the on board sims are not acceptable these days. Also used a CLS222 on them which was the sim of choice in the eighties. Sounded good too.
            Hammond C3, M102, XB3, XB5
            Lowrey Heritage DSO-1, H25-3, Yamaha E70
            Farfisa Compact Duo Mk2, Vox Continental 300, Korg BX3 Mk1, Leslie 122, 145
            www.drawbardave.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X