Hammond skx vs Crumar Mojo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammond skx vs Crumar Mojo

When I was looking for a clone organ I chose the Crumar Mojo over the Hammond SK2 simply because it had a good sound and has two sets of drawbars. I couldn’t see using one set of drawbars to handle both manuals. I do own a SK1 however. Now Hammond has come out with the SKX. I haven’t played one yet and my dealer doesn’t have one in the store so I can’t compare. I wonder if anyone has compared the two and which they think is best. If I do buy the SKX I’ll still keep the Mojo for a backup. I’m just trying to see if it is worth buying the SKX.

The SKX is an SK2 with additional drawbars. You could purchase MIDI drawbars like the Voce Midi drawbar unit. Crumar also makes a midi drawbar unit as well. This would be a cheaper option while providing two sets of drawbars. It still wont sound as good as the Mojo.
    57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Gemini desktop module; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; 67 Howard Combo Organ; www.dyinbreedband.com

Comment

Working...
    X