• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawbar Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by pelaurendeau View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I just bought a Philicorda 22GM751. The guy who sold it to me, told me straight away than the reverb wasn't working, but everything else was ok. I didn't had time to open it when I was there and thought also than it could be just a bad component somewhere. But actually, the all spring tank is missing !
    I had access to another (fully working) 22GM751 but there is nothing wrote on the tank (like Accutronics tanks).

So my question is, does anybody know the reference of the spring tank, or his impedance in/out, or more easily, what would be a good replacement tank ?

Thanks !!
    Hello

It might be worth joining the old combo organ yahoo group https://groups.io/g/combo-organ Plenty of knowledge of the rarer combo organs there and if you’re like me you will want a real spring tank in there. They have a good collection of schematics so hopefully you will be able to get the specs of the tank from there.

Leave a comment:

• pelaurendeau
    replied
    Thanks for the answer I'm actually a big fan of spring reverbs and for me it's a big part of the sound of the Philicorda. A new spring tank won't be original, but it could come close enough for me !

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied
    I'll let someone else answer the technical aspect, but you could also consider a small digital reverb unit, like an Alesis Nanoverb. Some work needed to match levels and impedances, no doubt but not impossible.

It won't be 'original' but there again, a new reverb tank won't be either.

Leave a comment:

• pelaurendeau
    started a topic Philicorda 22GM751 - Reverb Missing

Philicorda 22GM751 - Reverb Missing

Hello everybody,
    I just bought a Philicorda 22GM751. The guy who sold it to me, told me straight away than the reverb wasn't working, but everything else was ok. I didn't had time to open it when I was there and thought also than it could be just a bad component somewhere. But actually, the all spring tank is missing !
    I had access to another (fully working) 22GM751 but there is nothing wrote on the tank (like Accutronics tanks).

So my question is, does anybody know the reference of the spring tank, or his impedance in/out, or more easily, what would be a good replacement tank ?

Thanks !!
Working...
X