No announcement yet.

Farfisa mini compact not making sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After doing some more digging ive found that most of the wires on the FD10 board have been disconnected somehow. Could this be the root of my problems?

Comment

Yep - look at the schematic's. You have 12 divider boards, signals run through the manuals, go to the tone shaping board (FD10) and on to the PA26 pre-amp bd, Input to the pre-amp is on pin 2. Check it with your signal tracer. The other board PA10 has 2 functions: generate the vibrato signal and bass pre-amp.

Jim

Comment

That is good to know. Pin 2 on the pa26 board is completely silent. Should I start by rewiring this FD10 board? I’m not quite sure on which color cables to solder to each of the 12 pins since they’re all different colors. Does anyone know which color cables go to which of the 12 pins? I think I’m pretty close.

Comment

The compact combo schematic has some wiring drawings. I haven't found one for a mini. Use the schematic to trace it out.
          Jim

Comment

I guess that’s what I’ll have to do. If anyone knows which color wire goes to which terminals that would be a huge help! As I’m tracing these wires back it seems that there’s no connection on some spots.

Comment

After trying my best to follow the wiring, I’ve been able to get the keyboard to produce sound! Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate everyone’s input and patience with my sometimes silly comments. Now on to replacing some more electrolytics, key actuators, and cleaning it up!

Comment

Ah I guess my last question would be can somebody confirm that terminals 9, 11, and 12 have nothing on them?

Comment

Which board?
                  Jim

Comment

The FD10 board, I can’t find the 9 terminal on the schematic and the 11 and 12 terminals say n.c. and have dotted lines coming from them, not sure what that means.

Comment

The dotted lines indicate the FD10 board. NC = no connection although I looked at the combo compact and the connections are used. Common board used on both models. If the terminals don't have any evidence of being used (solder etc) then you are probably OK.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X