Farfisa combo compact reverb not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farfisa combo compact reverb not working

Hey guys, haven’t posted on awhile but I always appreciate the help and hope everyone is doing well. I just acquired a combo compact in working condition (not the best cosmetic shape) , it needed some cleaning and it was good to go! I noticed the only thing that isn’t working is the reverb. I’ve not had much experience working on farfisas but I’m really wanting to learn more, how would I fix this issue? I noticed that when I hit the reverb tank with my hand there are some small crackles that come through the amp if that means anything at all. What do u guys suggest? Thanks!

The last compact I worked on had the same issue, and it was resolved simply by reflowing the solder connections to the tank. Also if I remember correctly the tank is driven by a tube in the amp, try cleaning the tube socket and reseating the tube.
    Farfisa Mini Compact V1, Fender Rhodes 73 Mk. 1, Hammond B2, Hammond L-102 "El Choppo", Hammond M-101, Hohner Cembalet CF, Hohner Cembalet N, Hohner Favor Combo, Hohner Pianet L, Hohner Pianet T, Hohner Symphonic 30N, Leslie 145, Leslie "430" (former 130 cab with horns and light show added), Nord Electro 3, and an entire village of guitars and harmonicas.

Comment

In the Farfisa Compact the reverb pan is completely different from reverb boxes that you usually see around.
      It uses two modified turntable piezo cartridges made in Italy by "Lesa" instead of inductors
      The piezo crystal dries out along the years and the reverb stop working.

Comment

The Lesa W phono cartridge used in the Farfisa Compact is still available from a seller in The Netherlands. https://www.pickupnaalden.com/englis...sp?M=Lesa_6896
        Hammond C-3/Leslie 122, Hammond M-102A, Vox Super Continental, Farfisa Combo Compact

Comment

Working...
        X