Farfisa tuning coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farfisa tuning coils

So i have just started a Compact Mini restore and have noticed that i am missing a couple of the tuning coils' slugs. Does anyone know what would be a suitable replacement for these? Will any 4 terminal coil do?

Unfortunately for you, these coils are among the most specialized components in combo organs. I'd say you will need coils or tone cards from an organ that's been parted out.
    I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

Thanks David. After closer inspection, seems i only need one replacement tone board. Working on getting one for "C" since i can see one of the magnetic leads are messed up on the 4 terminal coil. At least all the slugs are OK. Since all these notes drift and sound off a full step i will start with the 25uF caps as well after replacing the 500uF PSU cap. Didn't see any death caps in there like my Wurly had. I replaced the fuse holder since it was missing its original cap. Will keep epdating. Appreciate your help

Comment

These nuclei are blocked by paraffin.
        And obviously this has been done several times.
        By heating slightly we can extract them.
        If a little bit is missing, just swap with the one that came out.
        JP

Comment

Originally posted by David Anderson View Post
          Unfortunately for you, these coils are among the most specialized components in combo organs. I'd say you will need coils or tone cards from an organ that's been parted out.
          Is it possible to harvest a known good coil from a spare board and replace my bad C coil? Even it it came from a different note tone PCB? Someone tried to tell me the coils themselves are note specific, which I really don't believe.

Comment

I haven't tried that, but the caps set the pitch and I believe the coils are the same and used to fine tune.
            Jim

Comment

Read this :
              http://www-personal.umich.edu/~damon...viceManual.pdf
              Page 42/51 Schematic of the generators.
              Page 35/51 Table of the capacitors for différents tones.
              I beleive the coils are the same.
              JP

Comment

Working...
              X