Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Moving a A100 up difficult stairs

</p>

Leave a comment:

• dwagar
    replied

make sure you get the 23" Roll or Karis. I have a set of 28" and they can be a pain through doorways. And you don't need the 28s with an A100

Leave a comment:

• toasterDude
    replied

[quote user="Albertv05"]

On another note, does you're name "ToasterDude" refer to the one and only, The Toasters?</P>
    <P mce_keep="true">[/quote]</P>
    <P mce_keep="true">Good guess but no, I'm afraid not. I took it from the fact that some pipe organ enthusiasts (ahem ahem snobs! ahem...) look down on electric organs like the beloved Hammond. They like to refer to them on occasion pejoratively, as "toasters." So I sort of embraced that for fun.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true">I once raised the question on here whether perhaps a carillonneur wouldn't refer, a fortiori as it were, to a cathedral pipe organ as "wall fifes" or the like... oddly enough that post never received any replies... [6]</P>
    <P mce_keep="true">td</P>

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hmm... not a bad idea. Weight is still an issue but worth a thought.</p>

On another note, does you're name "ToasterDude" refer to the one and only, The Toasters?</p>

</p>

Just curious?</p>

</p>

Al</p>

Leave a comment:

• toasterDude
    replied

Al, you've probably thought of this already, but just to be sure: what about tipping the organ on one side? Thatmight allow you to make those cornerseven ifyou couldn't with the organ in its normal upright position. This could gain you about 10 more inches of clearance: floor to the top of my A100 cabinet is ~37.5 inches, as compared to its standing width of ~47.5. This would be without the Roll-or-Karis on, of course; and you'd probably want to remove the music rack as well.</P>

Also you'd want to tip it so the end with the vibrato scanner is up. I've heard that excess oil from the TG trays can drain into the scanner otherwise, resulting in a motorboating scanner.</P>

I don't really see how it would be possible to disassemble the A100 in a way that reduces its frame dimensions. --Without chopping the cabinet, that is! [N]</P>

Anyway good luck with it - mind over matter will carry the day!</P>

td</P>

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Moving a A100 up difficult stairs

Moving a A100 up difficult stairs

Hey guys,</p>

Another moving questions, I know. So I'm moving next week and so the A100 has got to move too. Anyways, moving it out of my apt and into the house won't be bad. I'll be renting roll-or-kari's. However, after doing some measurements and lots of thinking there is no way I can see to get this thing into the upstairs of the house. I really don't want to leave it on the ground level of the house since my studio will be most likely in the attic. The stairs going upstairs are the kind that go up 4 steps, hit a landing, make a 180° turn and continue. I checked out the width and man, its narrow for a 385 lb organ being carried by a few guys. It'd be very akward. Also, there is another set of similar stairs into the attic!</p>

So, with that being said.... I'm playing around with the idea of leaving it on the first floor when we move in. After we get settled, I'll dis-able parts and move it in sections to the attic. Now, I've taken some of it apart before and am well aware how much of a pain it is. Does anyone just think this is a terrible idea? I really, really wish this thing could be modified to easily snap apart into large, disconnecting pieces but retain it's original look.</p>

Thanks guys!</p>

Al</p>
Working...
X