X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Hohner ORT100 Ratary Cab problem

Greetings all!</p>

I am a newbie here so firstly hello.</p>

I am fairly new to organs as an instrument. I am primarily a synth player but have recently purchased a Nord Electro 3 to use on an album project I'm working on and am getting more and more into the Organ as time progresses. I'll get to my Question:</p>

I recently purchased a HOHNER ORT100 rotary cab. On first inspection, all was well and it sounded great. I tried it out with a different footswitch to the one I was given when I eventually purchased it. Basicaly, the footswitch I have only has one switch for fast/slow selection, there is no on/off switch.</p>

In fast mode all is well but in slow mode, the bass rotator ceases to rotate so most of the effect is lost. Is this functioning correctly or is it a problem with the footswitch wiring? I am no electronics expert and have little experience with wiring and so on.</p>

Does anyone here have any experience with this cabinet and if so can you shed any light on the problem?</p>

Any help will be greatly appreciated.</p>

Many thanks,</p>

Liam.
    </p>

</p>

</p>

Re: RE: Hohner ORT100 Ratary Cab problem

Hi Liam,</P>

Good to see you here. I found schematics of your thing here: http://www.hohner.eu/index.php?828</P>

When I have more time I'll check it out, but first look at it youtrself and see if you can figure out what's the problem...</P>

Jussi</P>
    E-333 (modified)
    Leslie 147 (surprise, not modified...)
    Previous:
    T-200 (modified and sold)
    T-500 (modified and sold)

Comment

Re: RE: Hohner ORT100 Rotary Cab problem

Hi Jussi,</p>

Thanks for your reply.</p>

I saw that schematic online too and was intimidated by it to be honest but I will have a lok and see if there's an obvious sitch in there somewhere. If you are experienced with such things, if you get the time to have a look that would be great.</p>

</p>

Cheers,</p>

</p>

Liam.
      </p>

Comment

Hi Jussi,</p>

Thanks for your reply.</p>

I saw that schematic online too and was intimidated by it to be honest but I will have a look and see if there's an obvious switch in there somewhere. If you are experienced with such things, if you get the time to have a look that would be great.</p>

</p>

Cheers,</p>

</p>

Liam.
        </p>

Comment

I have had this on a Leslie 710. If the motor configuration is similar it may be a slack belt or time for a motor overhaul. Sometimes they can be a bit intermittent especially if not used for a long time.</P>

Mind you when I heard the rotosonic spinning on the 710 I disconnected it again ;)</P>

Cheers</P>

Dave</P>

Comment

Cheers for your reply Dave.</p>

</p>

Pardon my ignorance but what`s a rotosonic?</p>

</p>

Cheers,</p>

</p>

Liam.
            </p>

Comment

Instead of a nice downward firing 15" speaker into a wooden rotor, the Rotosonic was a plywood drum (heavy) with a small oval speaker on the side of it. It took ages to adjust to speed changes compared with the 5-9secs on a classic Leslie and had a theatre organ style to it which isn't my thing. A couple of months later a Leslie 122 came up for £500 GBP and that replaced it.</P>
              <P mce_keep="true">Cheers</P>
              <P mce_keep="true">Dave</P>
              <P mce_keep="true"></P>
              <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

Working...
              X