X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help the Newbie!?

Hi,</P>

I need some simple information. Please excuse me if my questions seem "stupid" but....I've had and played Hammond organ in a small church but mostly at home. I have a spinet Hammond and a useless Leslie 700. </P>

I'm planning on getting a Hammond xb-2. Eventually I'd like to get a 122 or 147 Leslie to go with it. But for now I'm going to get just an amp and use the Leslie simulator....For home use that will still give me some "sound" what size amp is best for what I want to do?</P>

Any info or opinions would be greatly appreaciated!!</P>

Thanks so much,</P>

Lori</P>

Re: Help the Newbie!?

Hi Lori</p>

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but I'm assuming you're looking for a home-use amp to go along with your future xb-2?</p>

In that case i'd keep your eyes on craigslist for a second hand amp...most anything will do the trick. A solid-state combo will do (amp built into speaker cabinet) and keep the cost down as well. I use a Yorkville Bloc100K (Yorkville is the result of Traynor's merger with Long&amp;McQuade in canada, though the Traynor name has been brought back by yorkville for some new products...all marketing if you ask me, a new traynor amp is a joke compared to original...some exceptions, i'll touch on this later). Its a great keyboard amp with a 15" woofer and 1" tweeter. Keyboard amps are specifically tuned for piano frequencies, though usually have multiple channels and can pretty much run anything simultaneously. I can attest to my yorkville, which dates back to the 80's and is still running after plenty of abuse. </p>

If money is no object I would go for the new Traynor line of keyboard amps (K1, K2 and K4...differing in speaker size and wattage). They're really cool, a bit over-kill for home use but sound really good and have a tube pre-amp stage and built-in overdrive. </p>

But practically speaking, i'd go for any 2nd hand 15" combo amp, and save your money for that 147!

</p>

</p>

Comment

Re: Help the Newbie!?

Hi Mr. B3,</P>

Thanks so much!! You answered my question perfectly!! I'm on my way to Craig's List now.....[I]</P>

Lori</P>

Comment

Working...
      X