X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mode T582 has no sound

Dear Forum Members,</p>

I am writing on behalf of a friend who just got a Hammond Model T582. He transported the organ apx. 25 miles and unloaded into his garage. The organ played fine prior to transporting the organ. A quick test after off loading produced normal function (according to him.). Now, a day later it make no sounds at all... not a thing! I tested drawbars, presets, and the rhythm bar. Nothing produces any sound. I took the back off and checked the fuse, it is fine. The power on lamp is on. Will you please share with me a few things that he and I can check for that may be an obvious" fix to this problem? I would be most appreciative. Tomorrow I am going to his place after work and it would be great if I a couple of things for us to look at together. Assume I know nothing about an organ, because I don't.... and neither does he. This will be a first "fix-it" for us both. Also, is this a tonewheel organ?</p>

Thanks to you all, Jerry.
    </p>

Re: Mode T582 has no sound

Hi Jerry!</p>

I've had the same thing happen a dozen times, it'll be ONE thing disconnected somewhere.... of course, I'm in there knocking things around all the time. It's not the organ's fault.</p>

Firstly, there are actually 3 fuses to check, in case you didn't look at all three.</p>

Also check every board to see if a connector has come off a pin, or even a wire sitting loose.</p>

On the recovery board ( the one marked 124-000014) there are two trim knobs, one of these controls the volume out from the preamp. Put a mark on both knobs before you move them... so you know where to put them back to!</p>

Try those first.</p>

Cheers!</p>

-Brendon</p>
    -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-
    -1967ish Leslie 122- -1975 T500 (modded..chopped, and reassembled!)-
    -DIY 760 FrankenLeslie/rat hideout-
    -1980 Electrokey Electric Piano- -Yamaha electric Harmonium (early 80's?)-
    -1990 Jansen GMF150 amp- -1992 Korg 01W/fd- -1992 G&L S-500 geetar.

Comment

Oh, and yes, it's a tonewheel. It has a lot of filter circuitry which disguises that, though. </p>

Modding it's become my most enjoyable hobby!</p>

I'll be back shortly with an address for the Service Manual....</p>

Actually, here it is.</p>

In two parts totalling about 90MB.</p>

http://www.archive.org/search.php?qu...20organ%20T500</p>

Cheers!</p>

-B</p>
      -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-

Comment

Could be dirty tab contacts too, Have you tried presets as well as drawbars?Iremember mine were intermittent to start with.</P>

Brendon isn't there an issue with the rhythem section on those that can render the organ into silence?</P>

Cheers</P>

Dave</P>

Comment

Hiya Dave!</p>

There is that, when the plug is pulled out of the drum machine (without a dummy plug wired up) the lower manual is lost, but it doesn't affect the whole organ.</p>

Cheers!</p>

-Brendooon</p>

Comment

Hi Jerry,</P>
            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

You said no sound at all... Is the generator turning? If it's stuck there will be no sound.</P>

Just a hunch...</P>
            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Jussi</P>
            E-333 (modified)
            Leslie 147 (surprise, not modified...)
            Previous:
            T-200 (modified and sold)
            T-500 (modified and sold)

Comment

Jussi!</p>

Doh. I didn't even think of that.</p>

When getting an organ home, first thing to do is apply hammond oil to the Tone Generator!</p>

If it has become stuck, don't worry, the oiling will fix it.</p>

Hammond oil is the stuff to use because it won't gum up the wicks in the TG. (you might already know that, of course!)</p>

There are a couple of alternatives, but you're not likely to have them on hand anyhow. </p>

Cheers</p>

Comment

Working...
              X