This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leslie speaker add on to T524

I know i don't need another mystery item to worry about but ocasionally Leslie speakers sow up for a real good price. Will the T524 support one and if so what model Leslie would work.</P>

Thanks,</P>

Bruce</P>

Re: Leslie speaker add on to T524

You can fit any model you like as long as you have the right connection kit. As a T500 has a 9 pin socket the intended speaker is the 710 two channel speaker which is plug and play with no extra kit.</P>

Cheers</P>

Dave</P>

Comment

AndyG tells me they used to sell t500s standard with 760s and no modifications.
      -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-
      -1967ish Leslie 122- -1975 T500 (modded..chopped, and reassembled!)-
      -DIY 760 FrankenLeslie/rat hideout-
      -1980 Electrokey Electric Piano- -Yamaha electric Harmonium (early 80's?)-
      -1990 Jansen GMF150 amp- -1992 Korg 01W/fd- -1992 G&L S-500 geetar.

Comment

760 - or any standard 9-pin leslie - will run straight off the T500, but it doesn't quite have the 'balls' of the 710, which suits the T500 well. But you can't really beat a 145 or 147 on it - shame about the prices!</p>

Using a kit for the 760 on a T500 also lets you mix the two leslies -internal and external - together at different speeds and puts the speed shift right under the palm of your left hand (if you mount the 1/2 moon a little further to the right than usual).</p>

Andy
        </p>
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

As usual you guys give great help. You have no idea how in the dark I have been but gradually the light iis coming on, lots of reading.</P>
          <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Again thanks a bunch for all the help.</P>
          <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Bruce</P>

Comment

Hmm, </p>

the more I read what you guys post about these T's (and what Brendon has done to his) the more I like their possibilities.</p>

I would imagine that they must sound quite good with a tube Leslie as well.
            </p>
            http://www.petty-larceny-band.com/

Yamaha DGX-300
            1959 Hammond M3
            1961 Hammond A101
            VB3 with M Audio Axiom
            1975 Leslie 130 upgraded with V21 top rotor, tube amp, wood lower rotor
            1972 Leslie 825 upgraded with top rotor, etc.
            2011 Neo Ventilator
            Casio WK-7500
            Yamaha P50m Module
            Roland VR-09
            Casio PX-5S

Comment

You're so right Bob! Wouldn't it be nice?</p>

Yesterday I found a pair of resistors I could bypass with various means and the pedals became magnificently loud like on a church organ.... or like the bass player in a band. The cups in the kitchen were rattling!!!</p>

I need to refine it though. At the moment the manuals distort if I hold a sustained bass note!</p>

I think I'm getting ready for a 3 piece band...... no! Two! Don't need a bass player or a lead guitarist....NO! build the drum unit back into the lower half of the organ when I do this two part chop and I can play solo!! In my LIVING ROOM!</p>

-Brendon</p>
              -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-

Comment

Durn! That wasn't what I posted for. Here!</p>

Found a new site, put together by a home organ society in the US, a really cool presentation on the workings of a hammond.</p>

http://www.nshos.com/contents.htm</p>

</p>

and see, it looks like one of their members have a rare X66!http://www.nshos.com/index.html</p>

-B</p>

Comment

[quote user="Brendon Wright"]

I think I'm getting ready for a 3 piece
                  band...... no! Two! Don't need a bass player or a lead guitarist....NO!
                  build the drum unit back into the lower half of the organ when I do
                  this two part chop and I can play solo!! In my LIVING ROOM!</p>

-Brendon</p>

[/quote]</p>

I've
                  actually just started doing this using free midi files that I have
                  modified into backing tracks on Garageband. I remove the keyboard or
                  organ tracks and have replaced some silly sounding software instruments
                  with better ones, added missing measures,etc. Great fun and excellent
                  for practicing timing on songs my band covers (and others I like) and
                  learning parts as you can isolate keyboard lead parts to hear them more
                  clearly.If I ever get some time i'm going to try mixing some original
                  stuff.</p>

What the heck is this? SS spinet with drawbars? I thought a Hammond Century was a full console organ: http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/1419148485.html</p>
                  http://www.petty-larceny-band.com/

Yamaha DGX-300
                  1959 Hammond M3
                  1961 Hammond A101
                  VB3 with M Audio Axiom
                  1975 Leslie 130 upgraded with V21 top rotor, tube amp, wood lower rotor
                  1972 Leslie 825 upgraded with top rotor, etc.
                  2011 Neo Ventilator
                  Casio WK-7500
                  Yamaha P50m Module
                  Roland VR-09
                  Casio PX-5S

Comment

Working...
                  X