X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expression Pedal for Hammond XB2

Hi,</P>

I just bought an XB2. I need an expression pedal for it. Do I really need to buy the model made for the xb or will one of the other work? </P>

Thanks so much,</P>

Lori</P>

Re: Expression Pedal for Hammond XB2

If the XB-2 uses the EXP-100 Expressionpedal, you can just run the output through a regular volume pedal. However, using the EXP-100 will change the tone as thevolume is increased/decreased. As the expressionpedal/volume is lowered the high and low frequencies are not reduced as much as the middle frequencies are. This works basically in the same way that the loudness button on may stereo systems works. Running the output through a volume pedal will just raise and lower the volume.

Comment

Re: Expression Pedal for Hammond XB2

You will probably have to get the EXP-100F.I needed a replacement pedal before I got my XK-3c and I looked all the for an original replacement and could not find one.The new EXP-100F will work.</P>

On the new expression pedal the Leslie kick switch will not work for the XB-2. The original expression pedal for the XB-2 did not have a kick switch. But the pedal will otherwise work fine.</P>

If you plan to hook a leslie up to the XB-2 using the 11-pin socket a volume pedal will not do you any good. You will need an expression pedal. </P>

The new expression pedal is expensive( $179 at Goff Professional ) but it is nice and you will be able to use it on the newer Hammond keyboards.</P>

Do Not Buy the XK-1 pedal it will NOT work on the XB-2.</P>

Comment

Working...
      X