This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond M-103 Rear Panel

Does anyone have a good solution for covering the rear panel of a M-103? I know it can go against the wall (and it probably will) but I would still like a cover to keep the dust out and the option to face outwards. I have a M-162 and it has a vented decorative rear dust panel. Does anyone know if there were any M-103's manufactured that had this feature in place? If so I would like to replicate it. Thanks!
    1966 Hammond M-103 (Named Heidi)
    Custom Built Leslie: 147 Size, 770 Louvers, 25 Booster Amp, Weber 15" & Jensen V21 Driver
    Casio WK-3800

Click Here To Visit My YouTube Channel: RobVasquez79

I don't know what was made by Hammond, but you could build a rectangle from some 1"x1", maybe brace the corners with some metal 90 degree pieces with holes in the (I can't think of the names of these pieces), and staple some fabric around the frame and you'd have a decent dust cover with little work and little expense.
    When I become dictator, those who preach intolerance will not be tolerated.

Comment

A sheet of peg board covered with grill cloth works well too.

Geo

Comment

Originally posted by geoelectro View Post
        A sheet of peg board covered with grill cloth works well too.

Geo
        and much easier
        When I become dictator, those who preach intolerance will not be tolerated.

Comment

Many of the organ backs I've worked with in the past 15 years were essentially the same material as peg board and some had the holes. It would be fast and easy to manufacture a custom back!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyJoe View Post
            I don't know what was made by Hammond, but you could build a rectangle from some 1"x1", maybe brace the corners with some metal 90 degree pieces with holes in the (I can't think of the names of these pieces), and staple some fabric around the frame and you'd have a decent dust cover with little work and little expense.
            angle braces, but peg board would disperse heat
            1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Krome and Kronos

Comment

For my M101, I bought some blue tie-dyed fabric at a local store and thumb-tacked it in place. Its easy to remove when I work on it and I have had no problems with dust or heat for a couple of years now.
              1963 Hammond M-101
              1969/70 Leslie 145

Comment

Great suggestions all... much appreciated!
                1966 Hammond M-103 (Named Heidi)
                Custom Built Leslie: 147 Size, 770 Louvers, 25 Booster Amp, Weber 15" & Jensen V21 Driver
                Casio WK-3800

Click Here To Visit My YouTube Channel: RobVasquez79

Comment

Working...
                X