This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of T series

I'm a big fan of the T (Because it's the only Hammond I have!) and I love the modifying culture that goes with it, and they are really great value for money being generally the cheapest tonewheeel models.

I always keep my eye on the market via fleabay and can't believe I saw this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	611768

I'm struggling to believe there's that many people willing to pay that sort of money for it?!

If that's for real, please find me an edible hat! Looks like someone's having a laugh or trying to inflate the perceived value. Considering that my T402 went free for parts as I couldn't give it away as a whole working organ........

They are fun just as stock, Jordan. They have their own distinct tonewheel sound which I rather like. Through a leslie 145 or 760 they can sound great. Just mod the percussion to single shot, and add a third harmonic in place of the guitar.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

There's a T500 for £80 in Hampshire... http://www.gumtree.com/p/music-organ...500/1116905461
      C3 chop rescue - in progress
      M102
      L102
      TTR100
      VK-8M
      FrankenLeslie (in progress)

Comment

I'm also massive T series fan and gobsmacked by that one although does look good. I agree on a 145/147 they sound FAB. The previous high I've seen was about £250.

Comment

The T500 they say has a fault, the TTR are very nice model not many about but they are already fitted for leslie speaker. Looks like 2 bidders on the T200, both must be really keen.

Comment

Whilst on subject of values, a technics u60 recently went for very impressive £300 and noticed a technics gn9 up to £200, maybe there is a sudden surge in demand for old organs.

Comment

There's something funny going on with ebay and old organs at the moment. I've seen several sell for silly money then re-listed the week after with no interest. There was a Leslie 700 which sold for over £150 a few months back, its still on now as £60 buy it now....

Comment

I was tempted to put a bid in on a ne B3 Portable that only received one bid of £2,500. It had full pedal board, 2 swell pedals, one of those small leslies with just the upper rotor and even the music stand still had the protective packaging on.

Don't know what the reserve was but it had a buy it now of £3,500. A real bargain, but I couldn't justify the cost given my standard of playing!

Comment

For that kind of money you could easily have an A-100 and a Leslie. Why settle for a digital clone?
                  Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
                  Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Originally posted by enor View Post
                    For that kind of money you could easily have an A-100 and a Leslie. Why settle for a digital clone?
                    From the purist's point of view, exactly!

However, how about pedal sustain, the ability to change the 'base' tonality of the organ, to 'tinker' with it from the outside rather than getting down and dirty with tools, MIDI..... etc? As for the sound, I'd bet that almost all of us, probably including me, wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind test. And if you've played a few of them, you'll know that the 'feel' is pretty much there too.

BUT.... it does need a proper valve leslie (or two) to complete the illusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tobeycat2007 View Post
                    Whilst on subject of values, a technics u60 recently went for very impressive £300 and noticed a technics gn9 up to £200, maybe there is a sudden surge in demand for old organs.
                    Both of the buyers must be feeling pretty down now that they've learnt that their purchases are probably not even worth £20 and £100 respectively. Especially if they've visited us here!
                    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
                    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
                    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
                      From the purist's point of view, exactly!

However, how about pedal sustain, the ability to change the 'base' tonality of the organ, to 'tinker' with it from the outside rather than getting down and dirty with tools, MIDI..... etc? As for the sound, I'd bet that almost all of us, probably including me, wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind test.

Pedal sustain? It easily adds onto your classic tonewheel organ should you want it

Changing tonalities and tinkering without using tools? That's pointless. Where's the fun/challenge/learning/reward in merely selecting options from a menu?

MIDI? Why? Isn't it supposed to sound like a Hammond?
                      Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
                      Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

I'd be happy with an A100, but I can't fit one in my car and portability might become a big consideration in the future

Comment

For portability the XK range are great, very good hammond sound on them. The T202 was still going up when I looked, amazing.

Comment

Pedal sustain? It easily adds onto your classic tonewheel organ should you want it

Changing tonalities and tinkering without using tools? That's pointless. Where's the fun/challenge/learning/reward in merely selecting options from a menu?

MIDI? Why? Isn't it supposed to sound like a Hammond?
                            1) Easier to push a button than adding a string bass kit
                            2) Not pointless at all IMHO. I like the options on offer, which aren't really the options you get from wielding the tools.
                            3) Yes, but why shouldn't it be able to do more? I'm sure Dr Dennerlein would agree with that one. OK, you can retrofit MIDI, but the button push is easier!

Oh, and if you're wondering, yes, I'd probably go for the A100 and Leslie, but it's a case of horses for courses sometimes.

Anyway, we've digressed. Anyone want to bring us back to the T series? ;-)

Comment

The T sold for £460 pretty sure thats a record price, bet the seller is pleased with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X