Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to attach a100 reverb between guitar and amp without alteration?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to attach a100 reverb between guitar and amp without alteration?

Hello,

I was thinking. I have an A100 I play regularly. I also have a guitar and amp I play regularly. I would like try to get the guitar signal from the guitar, trough the reverb from the A100, into my guitar amplifier. Would this be possible without altering the a100 or amp in any way? Basically putting the reverb from the A100 like a pedal between the guitar and amp.

ofcourse not exactly like a pedal, but maybe by attaching some wires here and there, turning the organ and reverb pot on making the reverb signal shared by the hammond with the guitar amp
    SjoerdHammond channel with great Hammond jams: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmx...WuqqCbvtj-ktNA

1960 Hammond A-100
    1964 Leslie 251
    2013 Hammond SK1-73

I like to think anythings possible. Preamp your guitar a tad and plug it in the rca jack on the A100 swell pedal. How's that sound? You could send that signal to your amp but here comes the worms. You'll have to put a power soak on the A100 speakers. You can only tap The AO39 or the AO35 (reverb) so no mix. You could capture the reverb tank output and plug in your amp but no mix. You could use your amp to drive the spring but then you have no amp to recover with. A guitar amp with a spring reverb would surely be easier. Stand alone reverbs have a driver circuit and a recovery circuit. You can't feed the driver from it's main amp without feed back. I enjoy playing all sorts of things through the Hammond sound system. Use the Hammond as the guitar amp as it's so easy.
    C3, Leslie 720, A100, E100, Have owned L100 and M3, http://soundcloud.com/twiggybush

Comment

Originally posted by Twiggybush View Post
      I like to think anythings possible. Preamp your guitar a tad and plug it in the rca jack on the A100 swell pedal. How's that sound? You could send that signal to your amp but here comes the worms. You'll have to put a power soak on the A100 speakers. You can only tap The AO39 or the AO35 (reverb) so no mix. You could capture the reverb tank output and plug in your amp but no mix. You could use your amp to drive the spring but then you have no amp to recover with. A guitar amp with a spring reverb would surely be easier. Stand alone reverbs have a driver circuit and a recovery circuit. You can't feed the driver from it's main amp without feed back. I enjoy playing all sorts of things through the Hammond sound system. Use the Hammond as the guitar amp as it's so easy.
      Ok, so that's a no go. But does the other thing you explain mean playing guitar trough the leslie by attaching it to the organ? I am quite interested as to how this is achieved/sounds.
      SjoerdHammond channel with great Hammond jams: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmx...WuqqCbvtj-ktNA

1960 Hammond A-100
      1964 Leslie 251
      2013 Hammond SK1-73

Comment

Originally posted by Twiggybush View Post
        nobody ever told me you could just connect a guitar to to rca jack on the ao28. I must have spend hours in the past year trying different complicated methods to connect a guitar to my leslie, and all i had to do was connect it to the rca jack?! My god thank you for ever Mr Twiggybush This tiny little piece of information is not found anywhere, I must have searched the whole internet. Never mind trying reverb, this is 10000 times better.

1960 Hammond A-100
        1964 Leslie 251
        2013 Hammond SK1-73

Comment

Originally posted by sjoerd1234 View Post
          This tiny little piece of information is not found anywhere, I must have searched the whole internet.
          This is common knowledge in Hammond circles. I think we all tend to assume that everyone knows about it. I know a jazz guitar player who likes to run his guitar into his B3 this way to get the Leslie effect.
          I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

Working...
          X