Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D printers (for fabricating Hammond parts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim_at_Jonas View Post
    I'd think you'd want the type of printer in which the part "grows" out of a bed of powder, as opposed to one that is like a fancy hot-glue gun.
    Here you go. I still need to trim the little nibs from where I had to break it away from the build supports. Little bit of sanding and a coating of clear gloss spray paint and this thing should look pretty good. I'm going to stick a switch in it tonight.

Comment

Looks great!

Since I have the normal "hot glue gun" type 3d printer, I haven't been able to successfully print that model yet. I have, however, fabricated various bushings and adapters that I've gotten good use of. In particular a bushing that fits a standard 3-prong power inlet snugly in an Amphenol-sized round hole
      Current organs: AV, BC, A-100
      Current Leslies: 22H, 142, 147, 760
      Organs in the past: L-100 (several), M-100 (x2), T-100, E-100, CV
      Other keyboards: Roland FP-4, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha TX81Z, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Korg Krome, Novation Mininova

Comment

Originally posted by enor View Post
        Looks great!

Since I have the normal "hot glue gun" type 3d printer, I haven't been able to successfully print that model yet. I have, however, fabricated various bushings and adapters that I've gotten good use of. In particular a bushing that fits a standard 3-prong power inlet snugly in an Amphenol-sized round hole
        Oh cool idea! Took me a while to picture what you meant at first. Post a picture?

Comment

Manufacturing new continuous contact strips for drawbar assemblies can't be far off.
          Nice work on the half moons....willing to bet they won't shatter like the originals?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by enor View Post
          Looks great!

Matching up a proper backing plate is a chore. Made mine with a saw, drill and file.
          sigpic A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/147 BCV/122 M3/145 M102/145
          Various modern keyboards and modules.

Comment

Here it is with the switch installed. Perfect fit! One thing to note that I forgot, there are two posts on either side of the switch slot that hold the switching mechanism in place. Though, after the bottom cover is installed, it doesn't move.

As far as strength, I may test this one since it has a few flaws. Hate to just break it apart though. Also, the tremolo has 120VAC running through it correct? Could use the switch to turn on some internal LED's.

Comment

doorway proof maybe? Actually my cat took my switch out by knocking a Kurzweil on it and then shattering the case on the synth as well when it hit the floor.......CATS......Satan's little helpers. Fixed it with JB WeldClick image for larger version

Name:	JB weld.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	600241 and the synth too....lol
              1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Krome and Kronos

Comment

What could be made with this?
                https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-makes-beautif

Fluted Vibrato knobs?
                Drawbar tabs?
                Halfmoons?
                Rocker switches?

Comment

3D printers could be used for fabricating some other items also, perhaps the rocker tabs for vibrato and percussion, custom drawbar knobs, the plaque for the start and run switches or the reverb plaque on an A100, broken or custom tabs and knobs. I love the idea of custom Hammond logo plaques too. What about Leslie parts, like replacement pulleys, the treble horn or a driver adapter plate? This a fascinating thread. Thanks for everyone's contributions so far!
                  Over the years: Hammond M3, BC, M102, B3, four X77s and three PR-40s, a Thomas Electra and a Celebrity, three Fender Rhodes, Roland HS-10, HP-2000, HP-600, RD-600, JV-880, a thing made by Korg (?), two Leslie 910s, 122, 257, 258, 247, two 142s, and three custom-built Leslies. Wow, way too much money spent!

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamonrolli View Post
                    Also, the tremolo has 120VAC running through it correct? Could use the switch to turn on some internal LED's.
                    Not if the Leslie is a 122. IIRC it's between 25 and 75, with very little current behind it. Not sure about a 147 or other models.

Comment

I'd love to print a couple of new keys to my M100, many of them are cracked and glued. My dad has got a 3D printer plus black and white thread, must try it! But how do you measure the key to make it identical, and is it really possible to print out the thin parts that you have on the keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Nojden View Post
                        I'd love to print a couple of new keys to my M100, many of them are cracked and glued. My dad has got a 3D printer plus black and white thread, must try it! But how do you measure the key to make it identical, and is it really possible to print out the thin parts that you have on the keys?
                        Nothing on a playing key is thinner than 1,5 millimeters - not a problem.

I have CAD files of the normal "diving board" playing keys. Send me your email address and I can mail them to you.
                        Current organs: AV, BC, A-100
                        Current Leslies: 22H, 142, 147, 760
                        Organs in the past: L-100 (several), M-100 (x2), T-100, E-100, CV
                        Other keyboards: Roland FP-4, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha TX81Z, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Korg Krome, Novation Mininova

Comment

Did anyone get the STL for the Half-Moon box from Cinnamonrolli? we swapped messages and he was going to send it then disappeared...

roj
                          C3 chop rescue - in progress
                          M102
                          L102
                          TTR100
                          VK-8M
                          FrankenLeslie (in progress)

Comment

A halfmoon switch case made out of sturdy material vs. the ones we get now because they fracture like glass if dropped. Too expensive to be replacing for being fragile.
                            Last edited by Goff; 07-15-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• RogerRabbit
                              RogerRabbit commented
                              Editing a comment
                              This is why I want to print my own - infinite replacements for pennies

Originally posted by bnelson218 View Post
                            What about Leslie parts, like replacement pulleys, the treble horn or a driver adapter plate?
                            Dr. Kemp found a source for rotor deflectors done on a 3D machine.

Comment

Ricky Rininger makes those.

Comment

Working...
                              X