Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hammond B3 ID Plate on eBay for $249.00!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond B3 ID Plate on eBay for $249.00!

Just saw a Hammond B3 ID Plate for sale on eBay for $249.00. I put it on my watch list to see if someone actually buys it. I can't believe it's worth more than a couple of bucks, if that.

Note to self, keep eye out for S/N 90182

Originally posted by jbjorge View Post
    Just saw a Hammond B3 ID Plate for sale on eBay for $249.00. I put it on my watch list to see if someone actually buys it. I can't believe it's worth more than a couple of bucks, if that.

Comment

I saw that. Plenty of over priced stuff on eBay... why would someone want one that bad? Nobody steals Hammonds... Right?
      I probably own too many keyboards
      https://bensnacksturner.com/the-fleet/

Comment

It's probably valuable for the organ counterfeiters to "prove" that a B-style recased A100 actually is a B3
        1973 Hammond T-562
        1970 Leslie 145
        Studiologic Numa Organ
        Yamaha CP50
        Various basses, guitars, amps and pedals

Comment

That might be true if the owner had taken the time to properly remove the nails. As it is, it's a hack job with pieces of the tag missing. Might be a hard one to pass off installed in another organ.....including the original nails might have been a good idea as well.

Originally posted by wayshot View Post
          It's probably valuable for the organ counterfeiters to "prove" that a B-style recased A100 actually is a B3
          Hammond B3 (55), B3 (70), B3 (72), B2 (51) conversion, A100 (61) chop, A100 (62), A105 (75), Northern BC (39) empty.
          Pile of Leslies of various flavours, Minimoog, ARP Odyssey, MaxiKorg, Hohner D6, Rhodes 54, Rhodes 73, Wurlitzer A200, Wurlitzer A203W

Comment

its plastic so it's a newer one, probably from the seventies-

the older ones SOUND better-

Comment

Plastic ID tags go back to the A100 in 1959.
              I had raised eyebrows when I saw a plastic ID tag on a 1963 M3,turns out they are quite common.
              And yes,you could still order an M3 until 1964.

Weird to see a plastic ID tag and cheek blocks and old style oil funnels on a stock organ.1960 B3.
              Still working on the mall organ coffee table book for cork sniffers

Comment

best not to support this type of item for sale.. no matter where that tag ends up except on someone's wall or coffee table decoupage is it going to be doing any good. better a B3 is sold with a missing tag than with a fake one.

Comment

If this organ wsa from the '70s, it would have a letter prefix. A-69, B-70, C-71, etc, until very late when they started up with 6 digits numbers with no logic. My memory may be failing, but i think those last few may have had the "new" printed paper tags, but that might be fake news.
                  Larry K

Hammond BV+22H+DR-20, Celviano for piano practice
                  Retired: Hammond L-102, M-3, S-6, H-112, B-2+21H+PR-40, B-3+21H, Hammond Aurora Custom, Colonnade.

Comment

Indeed. I don't recall seeing a plastic tag after the E - prefix ones in '73 that wasn't laminated paper.

Originally posted by handyczech View Post
                    If this organ wsa from the '70s, it would have a letter prefix. A-69, B-70, C-71, etc, until very late when they started up with 6 digits numbers with no logic. My memory may be failing, but i think those last few may have had the "new" printed paper tags, but that might be fake news.
                    Hammond B3 (55), B3 (70), B3 (72), B2 (51) conversion, A100 (61) chop, A100 (62), A105 (75), Northern BC (39) empty.
                    Pile of Leslies of various flavours, Minimoog, ARP Odyssey, MaxiKorg, Hohner D6, Rhodes 54, Rhodes 73, Wurlitzer A200, Wurlitzer A203W

Comment

Working...
                    X