This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Oil Funnel

My A100 chop is missing one of tone wheel generator oil funnels. If you're looking from the front of the organ, it's the funnel on the right side. (coming in from the back, it's on the left.)

Normally on an A100, this is the easiest funnel to get to, as the other one is behind the present wiring. However, on this chop, the pre-amp was relocated above the tone wheel generator, making it extremely difficult to get to the oil funnel. By running my hand between the preamp and the twg, I can feel where the funnel is supposed to be, but it's not there.

Not being a tech guy naturally, my question is will oiling through the one available funnel be sufficient, or do the two funnels service different parts of the twg? Is there a work around on this one?

Missing Oil Funnel

My A100 chop is missing one of tone wheel generator oil funnels. If you're looking from the front of the organ, it's the funnel on the right side. (coming in from the back, it's on the left.)

Normally on an A100, this is the easiest funnel to get to, as the other one is behind the present wiring. However, on this chop, the pre-amp was relocated above the tone wheel generator, making it extremely difficult to get to the oil funnel. By running my hand between the preamp and the twg, I can feel where the funnel is supposed to be, but it's not there.

Not being a tech guy naturally, my question is will oiling through the one available funnel be sufficient, or do the two funnels service different parts of the twg? Is there a work around on this one? I can access the very end of the actual trough that contains the cotton threads that transmit the oil to the twg and am wondering if it's okay to put a few drops of oil in at that spot?

Comment

double post the humanity
      1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Krome and Kronos

Comment

Yes ! ... more than a few drops. You can soak those threads with Hammond Generator Oil... no problem.
        Put some in the reservoir by the vibrato scanner, too. Don't fill it, just soak the little pad.
        Roger Memphis
        C-3 with O-M, 145, 122RV, 2 PR-40's, PSR-36
        CV with HR-40, 2 B-40's

Comment

Working...
        X