Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Pedals on a "recased" A100

Hello!

It has been a couple years since I've been here. I recently picked up an A100 that was in decent working order (but completely filthy). I've started building a new case to transplant the keybed, TWG & AO-28 into. This instrument pre-dates the dreaded "key foam" so I lucked out there. However, when I say it was dirty, I mean really dirty. Mouse poo everywhere. The black keys were almost starting to turn white due to all of the filth on them. (here's an image. so nasty. http://gregi.am/1b350Z3e2B0B )

I'm having some paralysis by analysis on what to do with the bass pedals. I want the ability to use them, and am not willing to cut up the original wiring harness. So I guess I need to make my own with some type of connector on the cabinet. It looks like a couple EDAC connectors is probably the way to go.

So my question is, if you have done this on an instrument with the large pedal board (A100 or -2/3 series), what have you done? Do you have any photos you'd be willing to share?

Thanks in advance!

I recall a conversation with Bob Schleicher several years ago about the chops he was making. I was of the opinion that cables would never work between pedals and the main housing - crosstalk and all that. He said, no it really works okay. ZIF connectors would be better for a portable situation but he may have mentioned DB37 cable assemblies.

BTW, the image no joy.

Comment

Why aren't you willing to cut the original harness? That would be the easiest way to get from point A to point B IMO.

Whatever connector you use, it will need a lot of pins. 73, I think.

Wes

Comment

Maybe he wants to keep the harness and someday find a clean A100 cabinet to use it in.
        From what I've seen on 'Oakland Chop' organs there are a pair of 37 pin connectors and a 25 pin?
        Two shielded snakes cable tied together from the lower that carried everything including basspedals
        from what i recall.
        I had the pleasure of watching Chester Thompson in TOP at Oil Can Harry's a few times in '74-'75-'76.
        And upstairs at least once at the same time? Average White Band.....

I haven't yet tried to Google Image 'Oakland Chop Hammond' but I will!
        sigpic A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/147 BCV/122 M3/145 M102/145
        Various modern keyboards and modules.

Comment

Indeed. If I ever want to make it original again, I want that ability. That, and given the fact that these instruments are no longer made, I just can't bring myself to do something destructive to it. Thanks for the tips so far. If anyone has photos, that would be amazing

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pete View Post
            Maybe he wants to keep the harness and someday find a clean A100 cabinet to use it in.
            From what I've seen on 'Oakland Chop' organs there are a pair of 37 pin connectors and a 25 pin?
            Two shielded snakes cable tied together from the lower that carried everything including basspedals
            from what i recall.
            Bob's chops used a Trek 2 preamp. He include an expression pedal on the bass pedal assembly. He would also need wires for the expression pedal signal resistance and the pedal-mounted sidekick switch. The picture seems to show a single large cable at the lower right.

Comment

I'd go Elco/Edac if you can find them at a good price. I like that they are comparatively roomy. Or you could line the bottom of the organ cabinet with a s*** load of bannana jacks

Comment

Working...
              X