Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tmccann
    commented on 's reply
    BA is an Aeolean Hammond with a player plano type roll. Rare beasts.

• Austin Otto
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure what a "BA" is, but there is a 1936 Model A for sale on FB marketplace with "speaker"
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1-2c1df6d93455

• tmccann
    commented on 's reply
    The perils of new comments on old threads...I missed that.

• muckelroy
    commented on 's reply
    That comment was from 5 years ago... Good luck.

• tmccann
    replied
    Originally posted by 300lbLoveAffair View Post

David I know where a BA is for free in Washington DC. I didn't know anyone looking and I believe there are a couple flights of stairs. I bought an M3 and 145 from the man and a set of dollies. He collects brass instruments and was knowledgeable about what he had. A tech in Annapolis quoted him 11,000 to restore it. It has been sitting since.

McKenzie

Anyone interested PM me and I will contact the owner and see if I can pass on his contact.
    I sent a few messages and no response. I'm interested in doing a full restoration on a BA.

Leave a comment:

• Lazyfan
    replied
    I posted a couple of vids of a. G the insides on youtube
    try robert edwards model g.

Leave a comment:

• NittyRanks
    replied
    It's OK Ted. I get it. Tom Petro told me most of these were dumped and trashed as bases closed. The military does that with a lot of things.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Kendrick
    replied
    Golly. If I had known there so much interest in C2Gs, I'd have traded one of you mine for a nice B3 or something. No, no handles and no monitor speaker, but provisions for their mounting. As I said before, cabinet was a wreck. I cut it up.

Leave a comment:

• NittyRanks
    replied
    Does it have the handles?

Leave a comment:

• Ted Kendrick
    replied
    I realize this i s an old tread, but as I posted some time back, I'm parting out a c2g. There was no monitor speaker in it, but the generator shelf has two 1/4 - 20 "t" nuts on top, indicating something mounted underneath. They are 15 1/4 inch apart.

Leave a comment:

• NittyRanks
    replied
    I know a guy that has one in Syracuse just like that and got for free.

Leave a comment:

• Drummer55
    replied
    Recently, on FB market place, there was a G. Some fella bought it.. The handles are gone. He wants me to refurb it. Which I will. Then I found another "G", not far from me. I will be bringing it home. It looks to be all there. No tone cab tho'. IT will be fitted with smooth drawbars and keys. Then setup for 122 and 147! This beast will Rock!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• snacks
    replied
    Originally posted by NittyRanks View Post
    I had an ABV which I should have never sold.
    Dang - at least there seem to be other Model A's out there, still. I have an early, early BCV with untapered manuals that someone took the chorus generator out of, making it effectively an ABV.

Leave a comment:

• NittyRanks
    replied
    I had an ABV which I should have never sold.

Leave a comment:

• snacks
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe it's the AB I was thinking of. Which was the Aeolian player? The BA? I bet a few "C"s left the factory but there may not be any survivors.
Working...
X