This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hammond and lesllie hookups

One for the experts . Have a 1961 Hammond c3 with 5 and 6 pin female ports . Came with Hammond pr 40 tone cabinet. Also have a leslie model 47, a 6 pin to 6 ,and 2 half moon switches . main ,ensemble, echo and chorale ,tremolo .would like to hook them all together. Dr. fishsticks makes some thing that's easy to control speed and power the motors for the 47 ,chorale would be off and tremolo would be fast via 1/4 inch jack to half moon. I am OK with pr 40 being on all the time along with the 47 . So whats my shopping list and how to do the hook ups , thanks

Originally posted by hamoperater45 View Post
    One for the experts . Have a 1961 Hammond c3 with 5 and 6 pin female ports . Came with Hammond pr 40 tone cabinet. Also have a leslie model 47, a 6 pin to 6 ,and 2 half moon switches . main ,ensemble, echo and chorale ,tremolo .would like to hook them all together. Dr. fishsticks makes some thing that's easy to control speed and power the motors for the 47 ,chorale would be off and tremolo would be fast via 1/4 inch jack to half moon. I am OK with pr 40 being on all the time along with the 47 . So whats my shopping list and how to do the hook ups , thanks
    Do NOT hook a model 47 half moon to a Leslie via a 1/4" plug!!! The voltage on that switch is much much to high for such a connector, and they're not insulated.

Just do a standard "6W" (145/147/45/47 etc) hookup. Since you already have the 6-pin connector and the switch there's nothing further on your shopping list.
    Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Thank you. what is the standard 6w hookup ? do I need a connection box and what about the pr 40 ?

Comment

Originally posted by hamoperater45 View Post
        Thank you. what is the standard 6w hookup ? do I need a connection box and what about the pr 40 ?
        Pictures are worth MORE than a thousand words. So rather than offer an explanation, which will then be followed by more questions, it would be best for you to start with these links below. After that, with the pictures and diagrams in front of you, you will have a much better grasp on the situation for any followup questions you may have.

The 6W hookup can be found in the Leslie owners manual of your choice here:
        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...5v75FKpVUA66C_

Wiring for the PR40 is found in here:
        https://archive.org/details/HSM4952016
        1st born: 1958 B3 & 1964 Leslie 122
        Most Proud of: 1938 Concert Model E paired w/ 1948 Leslie 31A & Vibratone (Leslie) 30A (c.1942)
        Daily Workhorse: 3 Manual Rodgers running Hauptwerk 4.2
        New Kid on the Block: Hammond Novachord (year not determined yet)

Comment

Working...
        X