This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond VS-100 has faulty note

The Hammond VS-100 is an IC chip organ. It belongs to the VS Series produced around 1973. Mine has developed a faulty F note. Instead of playing F at the relevant pitch, all the F notes on the organ now play a high note instead. I've bought the service manual but I'm not sure where to start to fix this problem. I want to fix this organ rather than dump it as it's in good condition. Maybe I can give it away after it's fixed.
    Does anyone have any ideas where to start?

Similar thread found for "VS100"

Originally posted by EddyG View Post
    The Hammond VS-100 is an IC chip organ. It belongs to the VS Series produced around 1973. Mine has developed a faulty F note. Instead of playing F at the relevant pitch, all the F notes on the organ now play a high note instead. I've bought the service manual but I'm not sure where to start to fix this problem. I want to fix this organ rather than dump it as it's in good condition. Maybe I can give it away after it's fixed.
    Does anyone have any ideas where to start?
    Sorry everyone. An almost identical problem was asked and I didn't spot it when I queried "VS-100" instead of "VS100"

Comment

I've opened up the VS-100 only to find that it's not the IC verson described in my Service Manual, but a transistor version. So the circuit diagrams and general layout are not very helpful. I'm posting the following photos with comments:

The VS-100 IC organ as described in the Service Manual ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	VS-100_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	604042

and here's what my VS-100 transistor organ looks like (the Reverb unit is under the keyboard)...

Name:	VS-100_2.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	604043

The layout of the main PCBs is different to the Service Manual, with the Generator board on the right. Can anyone identify the other PCBs? ...

Name:	VS-100_3.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	604044

Here is a close-up of the Generator PCB; the F key pot is on the botton left corner of the board ...

Name:	VS-100_4.jpg
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	604045

I tried turning the F potentiometer and it changed the tone of the offending F keys but didn't solve the problem.
      Last edited by EddyG; 03-16-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X