X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3 low volume pedals

Hi!
    I recently got an M3, great little organ, and all seems to be in good working order except the pedals which seem a very low volume. To get a sensible balance with the pedals and the manuals, I have to have the drawbars for the manuals no louder than 3 or 4. Does this sound right? Can someone give me some pointers please as to how to trouble shoot this?

Many thanks!

Matt

Pedal Drawbar out? The pedals have their own preamp consisting of V10 6BA6 tube then the signal is routed out terminal Y to the Drawbar and back to terminal D of the preamp.
    Try adjusting pedal cutoff on preamp?
    If you remove the TWG cover, there are 2 resistors on the back which control Bass pedal volume. If the wire that is connected between them is broken, pedal volume will default to soft.

Jim

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info Jim!
      Yes Pedal drawbar is all the way out - I took a look at the 2 resistors and they seem ok - but the 6BA6 tube was covered in oil.... maybe in transport or something, some of the generator oil spilled on it? Anyway - I dont know if the valve is dead / tired, or if some oil is sitting in the valve contacts on the amp. I guess I should try a new valve (hmm where does one get valves these days.... its been a while for me!) and maybe take the amp out and try and clean any oil that may be inside?
      Many thanks
      Matt

Comment

Working...
      X