This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a B3 - Placing a 16 lb synth on the music stand

If I fold the music stand forward on a B3, where it covers the upper manual, will it support a 16lb synth without causing problems?
    Thanks
    Hammond SK1-61

Not sure I understand. Do you want to place a synth so it blocks the use of the upper manual, and all the drawbars and switches?
    Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Consider a set of straddlers from Ken Rich sound. That's what I have for my A100.

Comment

Originally posted by enor View Post
        Not sure I understand. Do you want to place a synth so it blocks the use of the upper manual, and all the drawbars and switches?
        Yes, The B3 is at church. The B is on one side of the stage and a Grand Piano is on the other, both is cubicles.
        I'm only going to play pads on a SK1 to accompany the piano. Could use the lower manual on occasion. No real need to access controls that would be covered.
        What do you think?

dfcas,
        Thanks for the tip on Ken Rich sound.
        Hammond SK1-61

Comment

I would not risk it - I think the teeny screws would split the wood very easily. And, owing to percussion, the upper manual is the most fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_at_Jonas View Post
            I would not risk it - I think the teeny screws would split the wood very easily. And, owing to percussion, the upper manual is the most fun.
            Thank you. I'll not put on the stand.
            Hammond SK1-61

Comment

Working...
            X