This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding cord for Hammond

I’ve had it for years. Lost cord in move. Want to PLAY!!! Help? I don’t know the model or where to begin looking. I can’t post attachments yet cuz I’m a newbie. Suggestions are welcome.

Not enough information to let us help.

If it is an AC cord for most of the consoles, you can pick up an extension cord from any hardware store.

If it is a Leslie cord, these are available on Ebay or places like Tonewheel General.
    You will need to know how many pins, as there are several options.

If it is for something other than these, you need to give us a model. Plates with this information is usually on the back somewhere.

Bob
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.
    In reality, there is.
    '54 C-2 & Pair of 122 Leslies
    H-324/Series 10 TC
    '35 Model A (Serial# 41) with a 21H
    Look at some of my rescues:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/58226398@N03/albums

Comment

Dude, there are about 100 internet image hosting sites. Take a picture of the plug outlet and post the page's internet address in the message so that at we can see what the outlet looks like. Don't act so damn helpless.
      57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil PC3; GEM Equinox 88 and 76 key versions; Gemini desktop module & Burn Leslie sim; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; 67 Howard Combo
      https://www.facebook.com/dyin.breed.10

Comment

In view of the complaints from members, I'll just say that there's no need to be rude, Delaware Dave.

To the original poster. Follow Bob's advice. If it's a plug-in cord, it will almost certainly be a three pin 'kettle plug' type or a two pin 'figure 8' type. Look at the organ and you should see which one. You can get them at many electrical outlets or on line.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

You might try a simple computer power cord for three-pin, kettle type or the one powering your hi-fi, vcr (if you still use one of those antiquated things) or even your tv decoder cord for the two-pin type just to check before buying one. If your place looks anything like mine, there is bound to be one of these lying around somewhere... Of course if it is a permanent cord that had been ripped or cut off, you will need to get a piece of appropriate electrical cord and a wall plug to reconnect.

Good luck!

Nico
          "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request... B-)

Comment

Well, Dave... thank you so much for your disrespectful response. For your information, I am an older woman who simply wishes to find some advice. I am not extremely tech-savvy and have no younger people around me who may help me. I simply wish to play the instrument that I have had for years. I have been playing since I was 8 years old and now that my mother, who is in hospice care, is in our home, I would like to play for her. So your disrespect is not appreciated.
            Originally posted by delaware dave View Post
            Dude, there are about 100 internet image hosting sites. Take a picture of the plug outlet and post the page's internet address in the message so that at we can see what the outlet looks like. Don't act so damn helpless.

Comment

I hope that this will help with your request:

As an alternative, you could take a photo with your smart phone or any other way to get a digital image of the identification plate and especially where the cord plugs in, then move the file to your desktop, your main screen when starting the computer, for convenience, labelling it "plate" and/or "plug-in"? A Jpeg file might be the most convenient, but first try whatever you have.

Then when you respond in this forum, look at the tool bar just above your reply window, and select the icon third from the right, a square box with a green tree. If you hover over it, the balloon should read "Insert image." Clicking on that you will see a requester "From Computer." Select that. Then Choose File. You will then have a number of choices. Select Desktop. Then scroll through your desktop items until you see those files you have entitled. Select them one by one. They may take a little while to load. When you see them in your reply box, select them by double-clicking, then select the size, and I suggest choosing a larger size, which may be important for the gang here to read the details of the serial number or model.

Please let us know if you are having problems with this, as I am sure you will succeed one way or another!

Even those who are tech savvy here must admit there is a learning curve to posting items. I hereby publicly admit that I still have not found an ideal way to post just a sound file (no video).

Respectfully,

Dave (one of several in this forum; it seems that the other Dave's have helped others out from time to time).
              1955 B3, Leslie 21H and 147. Hammond A100 with weird Leslie 205. 1976 Rhodes. Wurlitzer 200A. Yamaha DX7/TX7. Korg M1. Yamaha C3 grand, 67 Tele blond neck, Les Paul Standard, PRS 24, Gibson classical electric, Breedlove acoustic electric, Strat, P Bass, Rogers drum kit, Roland TD 12 digital drums, Apollo quad, older blackfaced Fender Twin, other amps, mics and bits and pieces cluttering up the "studio."

Comment

Here are two type of cords that are used and readily available If you lost the cord in a recent move You might recognise the type? By looking at the Organ mating part you should be able to identify if either of these are close. The problem for you might be that the organ is positioned against the wall and you are un able to move it to look and see the mating part. If anyone you know could take a picture of the front of the organ we should be able to identify the model and then get you started with most likely choices you have made it this far with technology , signing in and posting a message. it is easy - Give it ago.
                Practise the theory...realize the practical
                Hammonds L100 /A100 /B3 Leslie 147 and 122 Yamaha E352 Key board driven in OVATIONS 15" 40 watt power

Comment

Originally posted by PGR View Post
                  Here are two type of cords that are used and readily available If you lost the cord in a recent move You might recognise the type? By looking at the Organ mating part you should be able to identify if either of these are close. The problem for you might be that the organ is positioned against the wall and you are un able to move it to look and see the mating part. If anyone you know could take a picture of the front of the organ we should be able to identify the model and then get you started with most likely choices you have made it this far with technology , signing in and posting a message. it is easy - Give it ago.
                  Excellent idea PGR, to post the pics of the two different cables and connectors. I am willing to send the original poster the proper cable regardless of cost for probably being located 1000's of miles away. Even if you stand in front of your instrument write down all the names and model descriptions you can see (not the tabs, selectors and switches). Post those and maybe someone will recognize something that would enable us to research some in order to assist some more.

We love to assist fellow organists and musicians. Welcome to this Forum!

Nico
                  "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request... B-)

Comment

Working...
                  X