This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gospel" mod effect on presets

Back in the day (1977 to 1984), I owned a 1953 C2. I learned to play organ on this instrument, having been well-schooled in piano. Now thanks to my very recent purchase of a Viscount Legend, I'm for the first time realizing that my C2 was set up with the "Gospel" modification, wherein the left two sets of drawbars control the lower manual and the right two sets of drawbars control the upper (swell) manual. I also clearly remember that, on my C2, the G# preset for the lower manual (a favorite of mine) was configured for the "trumpet" voice (00 6876 540). But factory preset settings--both for Hammonds and the Viscount--have the trumpet voice configured for G# on the UPPER manual. So my question is this: When you perform a "Gospel" modification on your Hammond, does that also swap the presents from upper manual to lower manual? That would make sense to me, but if anyone can confirm this, I'd be quite appreciative. Apologies if this has been elsewhere answered (I looked but couldn't find).

Originally posted by 2StonesLeft View Post
    Back in the day (1977 to 1984), I owned a 1953 C2. I learned to play organ on this instrument, having been well-schooled in piano. Now thanks to my very recent purchase of a Viscount Legend, I'm for the first time realizing that my C2 was set up with the "Gospel" modification, wherein the left two sets of drawbars control the lower manual and the right two sets of drawbars control the upper (swell) manual. I also clearly remember that, on my C2, the G# preset for the lower manual (a favorite of mine) was configured for the "trumpet" voice (00 6876 540). But factory preset settings--both for Hammonds and the Viscount--have the trumpet voice configured for G# on the UPPER manual. So my question is this: When you perform a "Gospel" modification on your Hammond, does that also swap the presents from upper manual to lower manual? That would make sense to me, but if anyone can confirm this, I'd be quite appreciative. Apologies if this has been elsewhere answered (I looked but couldn't find).
    It's the first time I ever hear of such a modification, but I can see that it makes sense if you always play "reverse style" (left hand on upper, right hand on lower). Is this mod a common find?

Altering presets is dead simple. You can put whatever you like on either preset on either manual with ease.
    Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Working...
    X