Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Concorde 2107 owner, dumb questions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newbie Concorde 2107 owner, dumb questions

    Hi everybody. I'm a carpet installer. Next week, I am installing carpet for the third time in the same house. The lady that lived there has passed on. Her son is remodeling the house for his daughter to live in. He called me up to set up the install and said "this time you won't have to move the organ, we got it out, onto the porch". He then went on to say that he couldn't give it away. He was wrong. It's in my garage now.

    I'm 55. Took electronics 1/2 a day for 2 years in highschool, I didn't stick with it. My middle child started playing guitar when he was 13, he will be 23 on his next birthday, he also plays piano now. I'm not a musician myself, my hobby is playing around with the guitars and the amps.

    We both love this organ. On to the dumb questions, I've got tons.

    Are all 21xx organs the same except the exterior finish or, is a 2107 different than a 2182?

    I've went through a can of Deoxit, need to order some more. I've cleaned all the interconnectors I can see, there a 3 cardboard "houses" have not opened them up maybe there are more inside.

    Is the upper keyboard for only the piano, glock, etc.? I can play the organ on the lower keyboard but can't on the upper keyboard. I don't have an owner's manual for this. Maybe it's broke, maybe not.

    I want to keep this organ as an organ. I don't just want to scavenge the Leslie from it but, I would like to be able to play guitar through it too. On the back of the organ, at bottom, there is a plug that looks like you would put a tube in it, supposed to be for an external Leslie. Next to that is an RCA jack. I've read "on the internet" that it's for a line in. Can you verify that? If it is a line in, is it line level? If it only goes to the 15" speaker, "really want to hear it through the Leslie", any ideas?

    Thank you.

  • #2
    The upper manual plays conventional organ sounds if all of the following are true: you don't have the Piano solo tab depressed, you have an organ preset on, and if that preset is a drawbar preset you have at least one drawbar out, and everything is working correctly.

    My 2107 is different than at least one other 2107 so I would assume other model numbers are different, too.

    There are more connectors under the cardboard. Many! And there are two critical ones under the power amp.

    Comment


    • #3
      See this


      And I don't know about the RCA jack, but based on the way everything else works I think it's safe to assume that any inputs go to the main speaker channel. But there are ways that you can add your own input to the Leslie.

      That Leslie plug is for an external Leslie, and the Echo tab.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi. Thank you for the info and the video. You don't know how many videos I've watched searching Concorde and don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching/hearing people play their organ, there a very few explaining how things work.

        I knew about the drawbars having to be out but, I just learn that by accident yesterday. I would push down the big black keys for them, get no sound so, just pushed other ones till I got sound. :D

        The big rocker switch at the top for accompaniment is broke. It's on all the time, you can only turn down the volume. Weird because my lower keyboard works fine with it on.

        Thanks especially for the tip about connectors under the amp. I need to order more Deoxit. Sounds like I need to buy stock in whoever makes it too.

        Comment


        • #5
          You can get by without DeOxit. I only used it on the tab switches and drawbars of my Concorde that wouldn't respond to repeatedly working them. I didn't use it on any connectors.

          It doesn't hurt to use it on connectors. But except in the worst cases they tend to clean up just by wiggling the connector. This causes the oxidation to scrape off, and the point of connection becomes airtight (theoretically).

          The lower manual is only affected by the accompaniment when you have the auto accompaniment switch to the left of the rocker up, when the rocker is on. I failed to properly show that. Also the reason I wasn't getting accompaniment notes on the lower manual was because I didn't have a rhythm selected.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bob411 View Post
            On the back of the organ, at bottom, there is a plug that looks like you would put a tube in it, supposed to be for an external Leslie. Next to that is an RCA jack. I've read "on the internet" that it's for a line in. Can you verify that? If it is a line in, is it line level? If it only goes to the 15" speaker, "really want to hear it through the Leslie", any ideas?
            Yes,“Plug" is a standard 9-Pin Leslie socket. Concorde brochure shows a "Phono Input” with an 50,000 ohm input impedance and a maximum signal input of 1/4 Volts RMS.

            Model 2182 mentioned in the original post, has a different cabinet style w/ legs.
            Have: Hammond 340212 Elegante
            Had: Hammond T-311 and 333114 Colonnade
            Never will have: Laurens Hammond 350 w/ 2 - 751 Leslies

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KC9UDX View Post
              You can get by without DeOxit. I only used it on the tab switches and drawbars of my Concorde that wouldn't respond to repeatedly working them. I didn't use it on any connectors.

              It doesn't hurt to use it on connectors. But except in the worst cases they tend to clean up just by wiggling the connector. This causes the oxidation to scrape off, and the point of connection becomes airtight (theoretically).

              The lower manual is only affected by the accompaniment when you have the auto accompaniment switch to the left of the rocker up, when the rocker is on. I failed to properly show that. Also the reason I wasn't getting accompaniment notes on the lower manual was because I didn't have a rhythm selected.
              Thanks again. I've got all the easy ones with Deoxit. ...and when I say easy, as you know, I mean not really really horrible like the ones I still have to do and I don't want to have to go through all those again if it's not enough. I'll wait till I have more Deoxit.

              Today I put a grounded cord on it. That's enough effort for a Sunday.

              - - - Updated - - -

              Originally posted by kkeys View Post
              Yes,“Plug" is a standard 9-Pin Leslie socket. Concorde brochure shows a "Phono Input” with an 50,000 ohm input impedance and a maximum signal input of 1/4 Volts RMS.

              Model 2182 mentioned in the original post, has a different cabinet style w/ legs.
              Thank you too.

              After I got grounded, I tried a guitar straight into the phono plug. Didin't get any sound. No great loss, probably would't sound that great and probably would not go through the Leslie.

              I would really like to find a good place that wants line level and is going to go through the Leslie. My upper keyboard isn't working for the organ yet and I'm not thrilled with the piano sounds from it. If I could steal that goes to the amp. or if I got it working, I'm thinking I could put a 3 way switch for either guitar preamp or upper keyboard.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Piano sound does "thrill" me. It sounds more piano like than synthesisers which I have that are twenty years newer.

                If you can get piano but not organ, I wonder if something's wrong with the Piano Solo switch.

                Comment


                • #9
                  http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...capacitor-down

                  In this thread post 5 by Nonreverb "If you do decide to replace the caps, Pay very close attention to the 'blue' one. It will be for the B- rail. It MUST be isolated from chassis ground as the blue plastic covering is an insulator due to the hot (-) supply is present on the outside can housing. "

                  Post 9 by Hammondhans has a picture of the big caps. One of them is blue.

                  All 4 of my big caps are silver. All stamped with the same numbers. What's up with that?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think I want to shorten the chain on my lid. If I fold down the part with the two cardboard houses, the music stand on the lid rests on the section with the cardboard houses.

                    Lets say the lid is at 9 o clock when it's closed. Should it be past 3 o clock when it's open?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bob411 View Post
                      I think I want to shorten the chain on my lid. If I fold down the part with the two cardboard houses, the music stand on the lid rests on the section with the cardboard houses.

                      Lets say the lid is at 9 o clock when it's closed. Should it be past 3 o clock when it's open?
                      There should be a locking rod at each end of the top panel that slide down into holes at either end. This holds the panel at 12 o-clock.
                      td
                      Servicing electronic organs since 1969.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tucsondave View Post
                        There should be a locking rod at each end of the top panel that slide down into holes at either end. This holds the panel at 12 o-clock.
                        td
                        Thank you. I saw the rods, thought they were to reinforce the lid. :embarrassed:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120325.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	604422

                          The vertical circuit board, is it soldered in or does it pull out? Kind of the opposite of all the connectors.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120319.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	604423

                            Same question for this board. Also, you can see my big caps. A couple of posts ago, I asked about one being blue.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Have all the connections cleaned now. Not any better. I've ordered some caps, one of the caps up in the power supply/amp is leaking. Also ordered service manual from same guy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X