Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a home for a Hammond T200 Super Spinet (Los Angeles)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a home for a Hammond T200 Super Spinet (Los Angeles)

Organ Forum friends: What can you tell me about a Hammond T200 Super Spinet?

I have a friend that asked me to help find a home for one in good condition.

UPDATE: I wonder if this is a T-100? The owner sent me photos of the manual which says T-100/T-200; however this unit has internal speakers only. I think the built-in leslie is only on the T200? Just trying to decide if I should help her find a home or junk it.
    Eric Mack
    www.ThisOld340.com
    Rodgers 340 S/N 34341
    Los Angeles, CA

DO NOT JUNK IT!!!

I know you're in the USA, the land overflowing with Hammonds, but please for the love of Laurens Hammond do not junk another one!
    The day will come when ANY tonewheel Hammond will be rare as hen's teeth - that includes the much-maligned T-series.
    I can vouch for the fact that a well-modified T can sound better than almost any spinet, and very close to a console in the right hands - especially through a real 122 or 145.
    Why junk it?
    Is there a hurry?
    Give it to a good home - just make sure those unscrupulous pirates who cannibalise Hammonds for their scanner vibrato mechanisms don't get their covetous, money-grubbing hands on it.
    Too many tonewheel Hammonds have bitten the dust already - please don't add to the pile!
    Current:
    1971 T-202 with Carsten Meyer mods: Remove key click filters, single-trigger percussion, UM 16' drawbar volume correction. Lower Manual bass foldback.
    Korg CX3 (original 1980's analogue model).
    1967 Leslie 122 with custom inbuilt preamp on back panel for 1/4" line-level inputs, bass & treble controls. Horn diffusers intact.
    2009 Marshall 2061x HW Plexi head into Marshall 4x12 cabinet.

Former:
    1964 C3
    196x M-102
    197x X5
    197x Leslie 825

Comment

That's why Im trying to find a home for it. (Los Angeles)

My friend has no choice but to find a new home or junk it; I told her I would inquire here.

I already have a theater organ, so I'm not looking for another console.

Originally posted by Papus View Post
      DO NOT JUNK IT!!!

I know you're in the USA, the land overflowing with Hammonds, but please for the love of Laurens Hammond do not junk another one!
      The day will come when ANY tonewheel Hammond will be rare as hen's teeth - that includes the much-maligned T-series.
      I can vouch for the fact that a well-modified T can sound better than almost any spinet, and very close to a console in the right hands - especially through a real 122 or 145.
      Why junk it?
      Is there a hurry?
      Give it to a good home - just make sure those unscrupulous pirates who cannibalise Hammonds for their scanner vibrato mechanisms don't get their covetous, money-grubbing hands on it.
      Too many tonewheel Hammonds have bitten the dust already - please don't add to the pile!
      Eric Mack
      www.ThisOld340.com
      Rodgers 340 S/N 34341
      Los Angeles, CA

Comment

Well spoke, Papus!
        1955 B3, Leslie 21H and 147. Hammond A100 with weird Leslie 205. 1976 Rhodes. Wurlitzer 200A. Yamaha DX7/TX7. Korg M1. Yamaha C3 grand, 67 Tele blond neck, Les Paul Standard, PRS 24, Gibson classical electric, Breedlove acoustic electric, Strat, P Bass, Rogers drum kit, Roland TD 12 digital drums, Apollo quad, older blackfaced Fender Twin, other amps, mics and bits and pieces cluttering up the "studio."

Comment

Alas, there are many T series organs around. They are, as Papus said, much maligned by the Hammond purists. A shame, as they are not as desirable as they should be.

FWIW, I couldn't give my T400 away. Advertised for free - 'come and get it' - and also as 'spares'. Nothing. I ended up putting it outside the house when the new organ arrived to replace it and thankfully much of it was salvaged by local techs and other T owners. the remainder was properly recycled.

Whilst I fully agree with Papus, I have a sinking feeling that yours might go the same way as mine. :(
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

I live in Newfoundland, which is a rather isolated island, so it's not easy to find organs here, especially tonewheel generated Hammonds. I would take in all of these organs if I could. Every single one. I can't believe people can't find homes for them. Its a little shocking and saddening when I hear of great organs going to the dump. I would take them all. Rebox it, take out the speakers, detach the pedals and make them all portable and get them into the hands of as many musicians as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

So if your friend is willing to ship to a strange land, I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
            X