This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D152 pedalboard question

I just acquired a D152. It plays beautifully. A slight hum. I expect to be filter capacitors in the power section. But otherwise plays beautiful. It does not have the stock 32 pedal foot bass pedals. It came with a 25 pedal. Which functions but does not seat properly. I was wondering how hard it would be to get a hold of 32 pedal for it? I’m in northern ca. Far north. So not a lot of options here. Thanks in advance for any knowledge here.

Originally posted by Vmazzone View Post
    I just acquired a D152. It plays beautifully. A slight hum. I expect to be filter capacitors in the power section. But otherwise plays beautiful. It does not have the stock 32 pedal foot bass pedals. It came with a 25 pedal. Which functions but does not seat properly. I was wondering how hard it would be to get a hold of 32 pedal for it? I’m in northern ca. Far north. So not a lot of options here. Thanks in advance for any knowledge here.
    Wow. The 32 note and 25 note pedal boards are so vastly different that I cannot fathom what modifications were done to a D100 to allow a 25 note pedalboard to even function.
    Pictures would be nice just to see what all was done.

As far as getting a 32 note board, I would say that chances are slim...I can honestly say that I have never seen just the pedals for sale anywhere around here or on Ebay. These things weigh a LOT and are huge, so shipping would be a challenge.

Then is the possibility that someone made modifications to the mount on your D100 and there are now parts missing that are needed to mount the larger board.

Pedals from any RT or E will work...again assuming no modifications were made to your D100.

I further assume that the bench you have is the larger one, made for the 32 note board.

Bob
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.
    In reality, there is.
    '54 C-2 & Pair of 122 Leslies
    H-324/Series 10 TC
    '35 Model A (Serial# 41) with a 21H
    Look at some of my rescues:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/58226398@N03/albums

Comment

The metal tabs make contact. So it plays. But pedalboard can move left or right an octave Very strange. Will get pics.

Comment

The metal tabs make contact. So it plays. But pedalboard can move left or right an octave Very strange. Will get pics.
        The difference is that the 32 note board is curved, the 25 is flat.
        There is a couple inch difference from the base of boards to the point where the pusher hits the pedal contact switch, the 32 note is much taller.

This is a Concert E which uses the same pedals as the D100
        Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	605977 The felt strip is actually the downstop cushion for the pedals. The distance from the downstop to the contact switch varies for each pedal.

This is any 25 note pedal board mount.

Name:	IMG_9632a.JPG
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	605978 The brown bar is the downstop; the felt cushion is nailed to the bottom of each pedal. The distance from downstop to switch contact is the same for every note.

I am really curious how this was put together.

Bob
        In theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.
        In reality, there is.
        '54 C-2 & Pair of 122 Leslies
        H-324/Series 10 TC
        '35 Model A (Serial# 41) with a 21H
        Look at some of my rescues:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/58226398@N03/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Bobmann View Post
          I am really curious how this was put together.

Bob
          Me to ! ! !
          Please post pics.

Comment

OP said it "came with" a 25 note pedalboard....not necessarily that it was retrofitted for one. He also mentions it works but does not seat properly. Square peg/round hole!
            1st born: 1958 B3 & 1964 Leslie 122
            Most Proud of: 1938 Concert Model E paired w/ 1948 Leslie 31A & Vibratone (Leslie) 30A (c.1942)
            Daily Workhorse: 3 Manual Rodgers running Hauptwerk 4.2
            New Kid on the Block: Hammond Novachord (year not determined yet)

Comment

Having a hard time uploading pics from my phone. But will soon. As Joey said square peg round hole..it sort of fits but is not practical or reliable. Also, I am doing some troubleshooting. It seems to have some intermittent issues. Sometimes very faint output and a lot of rumbling like thunder. I assume its tubes. As I am a guitar amp guy it sounds a lot like when preamp tubes die in a guitar amp. Any Ideas of what else it coould be? Also had some squealing (like feedback) seemed to be related to the reverv tank. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Name:	IMG_8458.JPG
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	605979I hope these pics are clear enoughClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8454.JPG
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	605980Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8456.JPG
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	605981

Comment

Well - looks like it's a good brain workout playing that thing, having the pedalboard transposed vis-a-vis the manuals like that :D
                  Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
                  Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

I KNOW I'm just having a bad dream... right?
                    C-3 with O-M, 145, 122RV, 2 PR-40's, PSR-36
                    CV with HR-40, 2 B-40's

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Memphis View Post
                      I KNOW I'm just having a bad dream... right?
                      Post of the month!

Comment

I found the intermittent problem. Microphonic bad 12ax7. Replaced. Problem solved. Now to find a suitable 32 note concave pedalboard. We think an rt3 or other will be direct replacement?

Comment

Now to find a suitable 32 note concave pedalboard. We think an rt3 or other will be direct replacement?
                          Yes - without question. Any RT series or Concert E pedalclavier will do.
                          1st born: 1958 B3 & 1964 Leslie 122
                          Most Proud of: 1938 Concert Model E paired w/ 1948 Leslie 31A & Vibratone (Leslie) 30A (c.1942)
                          Daily Workhorse: 3 Manual Rodgers running Hauptwerk 4.2
                          New Kid on the Block: Hammond Novachord (year not determined yet)

Comment

Well I’ve been able to make the 25 note function more reliable with some woodblocks supporting it. Some of the tabs are making contact on switch inconsistently. I don’t think tabs need to be bent more. But. The little felt loops on switches. I’m not sure if they should catch the tab or they just cover the switch. Does anyone know about those felt loops?

Comment

The felt tabs are used to cushion the metal to metal contact so there isn't an audible clicking when a pedal is pressed. The spring pedal contact itself should ride just on top of the felt.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X